Great desktop widgets or prgrams - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Great desktop widgets or prgrams

Basically I am looking for some really useful desktop widgets or programs. things that help keep me tidy or help keep me organized. Right now I have a program called objectdock, looks alot like the mac toolbar, I absolutely love this program.

Things I would like though
1) A nice looking calender that would stay on my desktop that I could put in the corner or something. ONe that shows all the days of the month and maybe has little icons on it to alert me to notes I make about that day.
2) A nice Weather program
3)A sports updater, so I can keep track of my sports teams by just looking at the desktop.

Thats All I can think at the moment.

Post whatever you couldn't live without though and I might find useful

Cheers

Old 04-22-2008, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: Great desktop widgets or prgrams

Check out yahoo widgets. I use their mail checker and weather widget, but there are thousands of them. Yahoo bought out Konfabulator a couple of years ago and now offer it for free.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 04-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

Default Re: Great desktop widgets or prgrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Check out yahoo widgets. I use their mail checker and weather widget, but there are thousands of them. Yahoo bought out Konfabulator a couple of years ago and now offer it for free.
yeap i recommend what trotter just told ya!. Its got a nice weather app and everything else can be downloaded off the widgets site. I use the cpu and memory meter with the weather & the clock widget. Its MEAN!!. yeah i think they have sports thing...browse through this Widgets tagged sports - Yahoo! Widgets

anyways later im off for today
Closed Thread