Greasy keyboard, your tips and tricks.

what about wearing food prep gloves
For typing, or for eating?

Whenever I eat something greasy that involves using my hands (besides fried chicken which I hardly ever get) I eat it with a napkin. I've considered using non-powder medical gloves, but definitely not for typing. That would screw me up bad. Next time I was out I was going to buy a box of those gloves to try but I have a feeling it won't help.

At work, I am normally using window cleaner like Windex to clean keyboards.
We also have a small portable air blower to remove dust, crud and the short'n'curlies.

I also go have a bottle of hand sanitiser that I used before touching any food.

At work, I am normally using window cleaner like Windex to clean keyboards.
We also have a small portable air blower to remove dust, crud and the short'n'curlies.

I also go have a bottle of hand sanitiser that I used before touching any food.
Really, Windex? Doesn't that make them sticky? That stuff is usually rather smelly and usually is sticky until it dries fully.

Really, Windex? Doesn't that make them sticky? That stuff is usually rather smelly and usually is sticky until it dries fully.

Windex is decent, it's one of the strongest cleaners that won't damage the plastic although I have had limited success with it on ABS keyboards.

Problem seems to have disappeared with the change in season. Interdasting.

Depending on the time of the year, your body can produces more oil. This is also depends on diet too.
My skin gets extremely oily in spring time.

Yea instead of being in the 100s (F) it's now in the 60s here (early wave of cold fronts) and nothing has changed. It's really weird, but I have went to using Dawn Platinum which basically dries my skin out and it helps a lot. I just need a new damn keyboard.

So for anybody that might care (and since I saw the thread after searching for the eaten thread) I have pretty much resolved this issue.

It's a combination of things. The water at my families house is absolutely terrible, and the soap combined with that. I live in a different place now with city water which has been voted the best in DFW. I still had the issue and moved to using bar soap in the shower rather than body wash. Now I use bar soap instead of liquid when washing my hands. The combination has pretty much removed my issue. I still get it from time to time after eating a pizza but I actually went to using the non-power medical gloves and now I don't have a grease issue. Except for the grease spot on my mouse. Now way to remove it I suppose.

Gloves mess up my typing bad because I can't feel the actuation point with my finger tips and it just feels weird in general. Even still, using gloves while eating I sometimes still got that greasy feel so figuring out the perfect wash up needed to happen. Going back to bar soap actually stopped my skin from being so dry and itchy anyways so it was for the best. Oh and it's way cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom