Gotta love these cheesy online stores...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
So I'd been looking for a certain powered subwoofer for my new 7.1 system, and I decided I was going to get the MTX SW1212 which is a 130w power front driving 12" sub, with a down facing 12" passive radiator. I looked all over the internet and found a good deal on it at [a website that will remain anonymous], and it said "In Stock!" so I went ahead and placed the order, giving them my credit card information and everything. Well, 10 minutes later the guy at the store calls me and says that it's backordered, because they are out of stock.

Already irritated with this place, due to their cheesy looking website and their people with southern accents calling me, I decided to let it go and wait it out.

After doing so, I changed my mind, and decided I wanted to get the SW1515, which is the same thing just 15" driver/radiator and 250w. So I found a good deal on that one, and ordered it too, and at the same time I sent an email to [website that will remain anonymous] telling them to go ahead and cancel my order and delete my credit card information (because I'm a jerk like that, I don't want them having that information :p) so they did so, and I hadn't heard from them until a few days ago. This was after I'd already gotten my SW1515.

They sent me an email with a tracking number, that said it would be delivered to my house on the 22nd. That's today. The package did indeed show up, it is an MTX SW1212, just as described.

Somewhere along the lines, they canceled the order on their side, but they didn't cancel the drop shipment from the distribution company they use, to me. So, the distribution center sent me the sub for free, basically.

They don't have my credit card information, and they don't have my address. All they have is my email address.

Now, here's what I'm asking. What do I do with this thing? Do I sell it? Keep it? Do the "right" thing and send it back to them? :D

If you ordered a C2D E6300 and newegg accidentally shipped you a QX6700 would you return it and wait for your real CPU.

Ridlyn said:
If you ordered a C2D E6300 and newegg accidentally shipped you a QX6700 would you return it and wait for your real CPU.

That's hardly the case. This is the right analogy:

If you ordered an X6800, and they sent you an X6800 and an E6700 for which you have no use, what would you do with that extra CPU? Obviously you keep the better one, and do "whatever" with the not-so good one.

I would "sell it on the side lol", thats if i knew for sure that they infact did 'delete' my credit card information....... Keep it for a while, see if you get a bill in the mail, or check your credit card transactions online and see if the charge comes up. If not, your home free :D .... hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom