Got a ticket but court is 5+ hours away

Status
Not open for further replies.
just pay it and get it over with and go to driving school since you said this is your first ticket. It wont show up on your record to the insurance company. If you dont pay it, they will find out where you are and you will be held liable for it.

you are allowed to take driving school once every 2 years. I went to class 2 months ago for going 82 in a 65. Sat in class for 4 hour while the teacher talked about all kinds of stuff, and she was hot by the way, take a few breaks and then she gives you a slip that you attended and thats it. wasnt to bad actually.

im 16(got my license last month) i drive a 1996 jeep grand cherokee limited and i only pay $230 a year for insurance... need to kno how to out play the system... got my parents to convert 1 of our cars under my uncles name so we only have 2 cars and told the insurance people that id be driving only on the weekends bam insurance rates got reduced.

I would contend it......

I would ask....

1. Was the radar unit configured and calibrated that day?
2. Was the operator (the cop) certified, and if so, has the certification expired.

If they say no to any of the above, just contest saying that you were within the legal limits, and that you got pulled over in user/equipment mistake. Plead Innocent.

Should have saw the bullshit they pulled on me the other day.... At 3:00 PM EVERY SCHOOL DAY all the drivers go around 70-80 mph to get ahead of the buses on US127 North bound lane. It's two lanes wide, and i passed a bus doing 80, a police officer started out and I didn't see him, about 5 miles down the road I see his lights, I go to the right lane thinking it was the guy who was flying past everyone else, but he got behind me, and I pulled over. He said he only pulled me over because his radar wasn't locking onto my car...... Strange, then my MOTHER of all people pull up right behind us..... God this is a small world... But hell I was going slower than everyone else......

Thresh said:
Curious, what are your rates? I pay 150 monthly, liability only and drive a 91' 240sx.

$1000+ (I am almost positive $1250) per 6 months.

I know its over a grand...

State Farm's spendy even with a good student discount AND the video packet thing on safety.

uzi9mm said:
I would contend it......

I would ask....

1. Was the radar unit configured and calibrated that day?
2. Was the operator (the cop) certified, and if so, has the certification expired.

If they say no to any of the above, just contest saying that you were within the legal limits, and that you got pulled over in user/equipment mistake. Plead Innocent.

Agreed. Most of the time the cop wont even show up for the court date anyway. The ticket will be dismissed.

I've called the police office to see if the officer is scheduled to work on the same day as the court date. Most of the time they're not. That means that the cop will have to come to work on their scheduled day off just to make sure you pay your ticket.

Also, do you make more than $195 per day?

if you do then just pay it. It would cost more for the day off than the ticket.

if you don't, add up your wages for the day off plus the cost of gas. If that ammount is over $195 then pay the ticket. Again, the cost of day off plus gas would exceed the ammount of the ticket.

If your daily wages plus the cost of gas is less than the ticket then fight it, but be prepared to pay just in case....

Finally, if you don't pay or show up for court, they'll issue a warrant for your arrest. If you get pulled over again in Kentucky(?) they'll haul you to jail. Fine you, impound your car, and so on. Bottom line is that you don't want to take the "do nothing" route.

BTW: They wont give you a trial by jury if you request it. There are no trials like that for traffic tickets.

charles_scott said:
Should have saw the bullshit they pulled on me the other day.... At 3:00 PM EVERY SCHOOL DAY all the drivers go around 70-80 mph to get ahead of the buses on US127 North bound lane. It's two lanes wide, and i passed a bus doing 80, a police officer started out and I didn't see him, about 5 miles down the road I see his lights, I go to the right lane thinking it was the guy who was flying past everyone else, but he got behind me, and I pulled over. He said he only pulled me over because his radar wasn't locking onto my car...... Strange, then my MOTHER of all people pull up right behind us..... God this is a small world... But hell I was going slower than everyone else......

hahahaha, that's an awsome cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom