Got an RC Helicopter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
My cousin got me an RC Heli as a late xmas gift. -He got me 2 RC Fart machines initially, but I bought him some tools so i think he felt a little guilty about it. I'm getting pretty decent at flying it.. Was walkin around the house with it earlier tryin to chase the cats... :lol:

It's a Novus Heli-Max Micro RC. The next step up has a single top blade and a working tail rotor. I'll upgrade eventually, but I don't want to find out how much the tail rotor motors go for. The remote has full trim adjustments and it's very sensitive, but a slight lag. Got the battery out for charging right now.

Drew a Shark Face on it this morning. :lol:
dscn0062.jpg

LOL

My girlfriend and I are toying around with the idea of getting these just for when we're shootin' the ****.

I bought a Nitro one there a while back... flying the thing is as hard as trying to roll a marble around the edge of a cup without it falling off..

^ yeah it took some getting used to. This is a beginner model and it takes crashes pretty well. This is the second one. The first one had an issue with the PCB when the rotors would spin when connecting just the flight battery. The RC hobby store replaced it.

To give you an idea of difficulty, the easiest trick he does between 45 and 48seconds took me 1.5 months to learn (thats after i had mastered the basic and intermediate flying stuff) using a flight simulator for about 10 hours a week. And i still can't do it to the degree of accuracy and smoothness he can. Little kids are amazing at this stuff, if you sit down with a commited 3 to 5 year old and tell him what to do they can learn so **** quick. What would take me weeks to learn a 3 to 5 year old putting in the same hours a night could learn in about 1/3rd of the time. It's insane.

I just got the Walkera 4G3 about a month ago. It's been really fun learning on this little guy. It was nearly $300USD for the full upgraded kit, but it's worth.

4G3_metal_aluminum_rotor_head_01.jpg

I've been thinking about getting an RC heli just to see what kind of stuff/ideas I can come up with to customise it with :D
Range sensor, long distance spy camera, bomber, iuno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom