Got my new guitar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Just picked up a 1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio with Humbuckers and Gold Hardware in Ebony for $900 with a new case. Went from a 1960's classical favilla to a fender squier to then be gifted to use my step-moms 1974 fender stratocaster but went to this les paul cause i love the sound and how it feels when your holding it. Though with modern eq's, it can all sound the same. Now I just gotta get a much better amp then the pos squier one. Looking to pick this up after x-mas (Line 6 Spider III 75 Modeling Combo Amplifier and more Guitar Amplifiers at GuitarCenter.com.)

Cool. Never been a fan of Gibson's myself, but to each his own. Those Fender squires blow...I started out on one, and when I got my Jackson, I couldn't believe the difference in quality, tone, and playability.

Spiders...:rolleyes: You could get a MUCH better amp.

Spider II amps were decent amps i liked playing on them but alot of people hated them

i never heard of the spider III amps though but just go to a local guitar shop and test it out

Spider II amps were decent amps i liked playing on them but alot of people hated them

i never heard of the spider III amps though but just go to a local guitar shop and test it out

from personal experience, Spider III is horrible. HORRIBLE. Jackson Dinky DK2M on one, then played a vox, so much better. SO MUCH.

Horrible tone...

HORRIBLE

Spider IIs were complete garbage. Spiders IIIs I've heard are ever so slightly better, but still complete trash. If you like crappy, digitalized tone, then more power to you. Me, I'll take a good tube amp with awesome tone any day. I haven't nor ever will touch anything with Line 6's name on it.

I am not a player of the devils violin but I like some guitars an what you have there is one sweet axe.

Spider IIs were complete garbage. Spiders IIIs I've heard are ever so slightly better, but still complete trash. If you like crappy, digitalized tone, then more power to you. Me, I'll take a good tube amp with awesome tone any day. I haven't nor ever will touch anything with Line 6's name on it.

yea a tube amp would be great but you would also have to pay big bucks for a tube amp

i thought the spider II were decent amps

how uch you looking to spend on an amp?

Eww, Don't get a spider, They're horrible. If you can tell tone whatsoever you'll know. The distortion isn't even good, it's so scratchy and terrible. Not to mention the minute you play anything not in the first 5 frets it sounds like running fingernails down a chalk board. It gets a decent clean but it sounds so manufactured it's horrible. You can get real good tones without playing through a tube amp you just have to know how and what to play out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom