Google...the new microsoft????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Google...the new microsoft????

soundgarden said:
kinda because one of the things google is doing with Gmail is adding ads in the mail. Not picture ads, but those ads you see on the right of the window when yuou search.

Maybe all this time they are just SLOWLY gaining our trust, then we least expect it, Google has taken over the world and everyone are now GoogleDrones in THe Gatrix, with the sole pupose of supplying power to thier astronimcally complex search engine.

:p

Woah...interesting conspiricy theory...all focused around a search engine service. :amazed:

Erstad and Firefox mock us (really, we do not make petty mistakes like mispelling "are" for "our" and more importantly we do not fear those who know)...they pretend to be part of the big plan, but really they know nothing of us. They too will be captured. Face it; we have won. I will give you a warning: do not resist. Such is futile. ;)

They're not taking over - they're just a good search engine & that other stuff is genius - everyone uses google because google is better! Now if we could only figure out why people use microsoft - It's human nature not to make any sense!

tylertherobot said:
They're not taking over - they're just a good search engine & that other stuff is genius - everyone uses google because google is better! Now if we could only figure out why people use microsoft - It's human nature not to make any sense!

Come on...we're only joking around. I use Google frankly because it works better then any other search engine I've tried. I get a larger amount of relevant results, it is simple, the page is uncluttered and free of things like large banners making it fast, and they have nice little features like viewing PDFs as HTML files, translating foreign webpages (I know others do this, but how many give a link to do so right next to a result that's not in your automatic language?). And they have an image search, an online shopping search, and they are about to add a free email service. I use it because I like it. Now on the other hand, I'm stuck with MS because I have it. Big difference. If I had a setup they way I wanted it, I'd have a dual G5 system, a 12" Powerbook, and a home built x86 box running Mandrake Linux. :cool:

qiranworms said:
Come on...we're only joking around. I use Google frankly because it works better then any other search engine I've tried. I get a larger amount of relevant results, it is simple, the page is uncluttered and free of things like large banners making it fast, and they have nice little features like viewing PDFs as HTML files, translating foreign webpages (I know others do this, but how many give a link to do so right next to a result that's not in your automatic language?). And they have an image search, an online shopping search, and they are about to add a free email service. I use it because I like it. Now on the other hand, I'm stuck with MS because I have it. Big difference. If I had a setup they way I wanted it, I'd have a dual G5 system, a 12" Powerbook, and a home built x86 box running Mandrake Linux. :cool:
I know you were kidding, homeboy, I was just stating my opinion of the matter at hand, y'know? Windows sucks, the only reason I'm running it is because everything's standardized and wine is a #&*$^* to work with, Mandrake is good for beginners but to be honest I prefer Slackware ;p yay for slackware- it's a man's distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom