Google K/O's Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly havent seen ANY pc enthusiast i know move to Mac or even think of it cause of a silly attack. Its only the paranoid that are moving over. And even then, the smart ones are going to Linux to use Wine and try and retain some PC gaming.

What Google is doing is good for Google, but not for everyone else. Will it hurt Micro? Yes. Will it matter in the end? Probably not really since like 75% of computers in a household all run Windows. Most poor people cant afford a Mac. So that 300 dollar Dell at Walmart sounds more appeasing running Winders 7.

I honestly havent seen ANY pc enthusiast i know move to Mac or even think of it cause of a silly attack. Its only the paranoid that are moving over. And even then, the smart ones are going to Linux to use Wine and try and retain some PC gaming.

What Google is doing is good for Google, but not for everyone else. Will it hurt Micro? Yes. Will it matter in the end? Probably not really since like 75% of computers in a household all run Windows. Most poor people cant afford a Mac. So that 300 dollar Dell at Walmart sounds more appeasing running Winders 7.

Agreed. I doubt it will actually hurt Microsoft that much, despite the fact you have 1 powerhouse (Google) deliberately disowning Microsoft.

Didn't the US Department of Defense do something like this a few years ago?

In the end you'll see alot of the *nix vulnerbilities come to light.

Who finds and fixes Linux bugs? (serious question btw)

Google will get hacked again and then they'll have to find someone else to blame... But I love how the sources are "said one Google Employee"

In the end you'll see alot of the *nix vulnerbilities come to light.

Who finds and fixes Linux bugs? (serious question btw)

Google will get hacked again and then they'll have to find someone else to blame... But I love how the sources are "said one Google Employee"

The answer to your question is really... anybody can. There's more *nix developers out there in the world than I think most people realize, not to mention with the code being as out there as it is, it's easy for anybody to offer their 2 cents on an issue and bring it to light. There's no question that every OS platform has its flaws, but there's one undeniable advantage open source software has: It's not that there's NO bugs, it's that bugs get fixed *fast*.

google fails yet again. (rolleyes) thier maps got really bad recently and even navigating 3 miles is epic fail for gmaps. eww. they tell me that this one street a salon is on doesn't exist. yuck. bingmaps rocks.

and using gmaps becuase they have stretview is gonna be pointless. even mapquest has streetview now! bingmaps has streetside view that pwns google in image quality and features. and they use navteq based data so its more accurate then googles crappy stretview based data that is incredibly off.

google fails yet again. (rolleyes) thier maps got really bad recently and even navigating 3 miles is epic fail for gmaps. eww. they tell me that this one street a salon is on doesn't exist. yuck. bingmaps rocks.

and using gmaps becuase they have stretview is gonna be pointless. even mapquest has streetview now! bingmaps has streetside view that pwns google in image quality and features. and they use navteq based data so its more accurate then googles crappy stretview based data that is incredibly off.

Never had an issue with Google Maps. *shrug*

Well they almost got me in a wreck today becuase they wanted me a to make both an illegal uturn (I ignored this and proceeded with my own improvisation) and drive down an unmarked one way street. I was 20 minutes late to a client's house. grr. 3 strikes in 3 months span and they are out. boo to gmaps. there routes were not even complex dense urban routes these are routes in a large town.

bing maps has the best routing engine now of the mapping sites. the new bing maps is awesome becuase they now have streetside (coverage is expanding) and the new interface is awesome. much smoother and fun to use.

Never tried Bing's maps, but I use google maps all the time on my iPhone and it works fine. Meh, google must have it out for you :p

nah they just suck for the US!!!! they used to be really awesome back in 07 when they used good navteq data that was accurate for the areas I traverse, but then they switched to teleatlas, then dumped them in less then 2 years and then went thier own way. eww. then they "new and improved" the routing engine and it sucks so bad right now. it must also hate my area alot too. my area is literally crapped out someones buttocks and no planning whatsoever, bing does my area very very good and google fails at even finding some streets, even though they just did a run through this area not too long ago. I can go on and on about this but imma tired so :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom