Google K/O's Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy wasn't married, the project didn't seem to interfere at all with his 20 million other hobbies, and the guy was a ***** about it, did not go out gracefully at all. instead he pointed fingers that it was his sex life, his friends, his crap, and you think continuing such a good project would motivate him more and make him feel better, I would feel worse if I quit.

Also I've only used cloning for systems that are all the same in a company-type setup. systems with identical hardware. Some try to get it to work for multiple systems at the cost of performance and licensing headaches.

Hate to say it, but you didn't know that guy, so it's a bit unfair to impose an opinion on him in a negative demeanor. While I think he should have left the source code open, there's no telling what kind of situation he might have been in which ultimately ended the life of the program.

that;s another reason i don't take on 20 million things at once. something is bound to happen that would disappoint me. I remove sources of conflict from my life to have more peace. others put so much on thier plate its ridiculous.

One family I knew of both parents worked so much to afford living in the most expensive part of cary, nc . I even offered to find them a cheper house that they could own in 4 years and was a third of what they were paying and the husband was all for it, but the lady was not having it. It was much larger then thier sardine can 2.5 BR apt that was 1500/mo and the house was 4BR 2.5BA for 850/mo on land contract. Yeah it was in an average area in raleigh, but it was a nice house and I was gonna get it myself if they didn't want it and If I wanted to be in that particular city for a long time. You normally can never get a house like that in that whole metro for that. the place even had nearly an acre while the houses in cary all were on small lots.

the family even had half a million things they were into and the woman wanted to get into more. they barely had time for the kids. The kids barely had anything, but the woman spent 100/mo just on her nails alone, and 120/mo for makeup and 60/mo for hair. they were from LA what you expect. they all looked great but they had an empty apartment.

but yeah lesson applied to google as well don't spread yourselves too thin or your quality of life decreases and the quality of service decreases.

I've had more quality issues with Microsoft than I've had with Google. (in fact I haven't had any with Google)

Perhaps Microsoft needs to revamp themselves as you claim Google does. Food for thought.

Yes I do agree MS needs to improve more as well. Server 2008R2 is a grest server OS but it is not as good as a workstation. It was hardened for servers. They sorta took the optimizations and applied them to W7, however 7 was lacking in a few features, the new taskbar design is a sorta mess, and wmp12 was not so good as 11 was. (wmp12 has unstable codecs and crashing while managing my sansa fuze). and a list of other things that drive me away.

so I'm not in any way a MS FanGirl. I find things wrong with them constantly. I find the good and bad in every company.

Thread Closed. I am tired of the bashing of Microsoft/Google/Apple/Open Source and every one else under the sun. Not a single OS maker out there is perfect. Not Microsoft, not Apple not *NIX not anyone. There is issues with each and every one of them. There is issues with each and every job. There is issues with each and every thing done in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom