Google Internet OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gab00n

In Runtime
I keep hearing rumors about googles plans to implement their own operating system. So what are your theories about their plans?

This is what i think they will be doing. They could sell you a small OS to replace windows for a few dollars. It would then connect to google's 100 000 cluster and then you login to your account and the main OS will load up. I also think they will probably use the processors of the users pc's to do certain tasks for more efficiency, research projects and what not.

I think this will be a huge step for google in the future, for most people and even businesses this would be a very cost efective move. The OS will be secure, have all the functionality of all the others and it will be fast. Google will probably provide tech support which would be cool as well, but i am sure it will be an idiot proof OS. They could sell time on the grid created by the users pc's to any company who needs processing power. Think about it, how many people would join up, probably in the hundreds of millions, all those processors would get a lot done in no time at all, big money for google.

I think if you are planning on buying google stocks this would definitely be the time, in a few years they could very well be the most important and largest computer company in the world. Microsoft should be very scared.

That would be pretty cool if google did that. But for now, I'm very happy with Debian :)

All the rumors ive heard are hinting at heading back to having "dumb" terminals instead of complete systems.Sounds like thats what google has in mind essentially, it would be like having a graphic shell account if your familiar with unix, where google would be the server for all your needs.Your system wouldnt even have an OS other than what would fit on a big ROM chip or in some kind of permanent memory, maybe a CD like todays "live" cd's based on linux.

Im against it, I dont like things being centralized, I dont trust big brother, and its too easy to take down, thats one of the current strengths of the net, its almost impossible to shut it down.Even if it would make things cheaper by an order of magnitude.

Yeah i am familiar with unix. I am also not a fan of the internet OS but i like the idea. I would definitely try it out on one of my pc's but i would never join permanently, a person wouldn't be able to get away with anything.

sounds good, if google would take over, but i think its highly unlikely. i could see google running a OS, but i think microsoft would have a way to come back, and mayb try to buy out google...
as far as the stocks go, google is already a "blue chip" stock company, very stable, high costing stocks, and its not a high risk to invest in them. although i think it would b worth it too, so you would gain money gradually, and probably a lot of money too... but becareful, its a risky gamble.....

just a though kids

pccc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom