Google Compute

Status
Not open for further replies.
hygor, i see on the bottom of you sig that you support Firefox. did you care to see the search toolbar that Firefox uses?

Google is just a search engine and that's all i would use it for. personally, i haven't heard about anything evil about Google, and if you don't want the toolbar don't get it. the Compute application itself sounds indeed like SETI@home. it's gearing towards helping someone.
just remember, it's really all your choice!

yes i know it has a search bar... but it is not a bar like the google one... it contains no adware and i have removed the google bit off it and added ebay, yahoo, imdb and altavista!

That compute thing may help someone but as it is a) associated with google and b) necessitates the google search bar to work. I will not touch it! But thats just me others are free to do as they please! :)

it just allows for distributed computing. Like the Seti thing someone else metioned, it uses your processor downtime to computer stuff, no one going in there, not one seeing anything, i for one dont like it, i figure if someone wants to use my processor, they should pay me for the time they use it... so they don't get it.

Distributed computing is porbably what we will use in the near future, but not now...

I have no problem with google, their search technology is great.

Just like everythign else, if you dont want it, don't get it, but don't lambaste it becasue you dont like it, just move along.

there was a company once, and adware company (they got shut down) invested in distributed computring technology. they installed adware program on peoples home computers, THEN they RESOLD, the processor time to other companies, without the home users knowing their processors were bing used.....lol... people finanly started to find out by reading the fine print.... that didn't last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom