Google block. Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
Don't bring nature into this. She didn't do anything to you.

Is that your best? Jeez, I was having a debate that actually got me thinking and here you cop out.

Your view of 'paying' is too small. Paying doesn't neccessarily mean something to do with money. Paying could be anything. Consequences for a poor choice/etc
Nice try, but that doesn't make you at all right. It just means you're trying to cover your bases by claiming "You always pay for something somehow!". C'mon, you can do better.

For AOL, you pay for the software and then continue to pay for the internet access. You cannot use email without the internet. Email and chat are just part of the software.
...Didn't I say you had to pay for all that? But Hotmail ITSELF is free. You didn't PAY for Hotmail. You PAYED for AOL.

Thank you. but haven't I said that already?
No, you said that Hotmail could not be free whatsoever. When in fact, your ISP costs money. NOT Hotmail.

I will say it again. You(or someone) pays their money for your internet access. You CANNOT access hotmail without the internet.
Well obviously not. But I can say you never pay for anything and simply barter paper money for goods and services, but that, like the above quoted statement(and a huge portion of your argument), that's just getting picky.

Please step away from your computer until common sense kicks in.
Using my own joke against me? Jeez, have you really run that low on ammo?

You wanna talk about ownage?

And by the way.. that little PM you sent me was extremely childish, which leaves me to beleive that you are in fact, a child.

Actually that was to be mature and give you a heads up that I replied. I was giving you a fair chance to respond to the topic, so that people didn't assume you were just walking away with your tail between your legs. Call it what you will, I was trying to be a good sport.

ZeroCool, I appologize if you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you. It's just that I know what I'm trying to say, even if no one else does.:)

And getting back to the whole topic of Gmail, In my opinion, it may be free for only a while. I don't think that Google has the stamina to host millions of People's accounts, each at 1 gig. I think that gradually, they will decrease the amount of free storage you get until you pay a fee for the extra storage. Even hotmail went in that same general direction.

ZeroCool said:
You're sadly missing the fact that it has 1 GIG of storage. That's like 500,000 E-mail pages! Your hotmail account only holds like 3mb or whatever the hell it is. I see this Gmail as one serious upgrade.

Who needs a gig of storage for emails! There's an amazing feature called 'delete'. I get a shitload of emails, and have never come close to reaching the limit. If there's something I really need to save, it goes to a folder on my hard drive, I wouldn't trust someone else's database to hold info I need to keep anyway, especially when that someone is just a company concentrating on consumerism and marketing.

EDIT: I understand what you're saying Mac.

And it just so happens that you CAN access the internet for free.. you just need to have a wireless PCS card, and live next door to the fool who has a wireless cable network set up without an access code or encryption. HAHA!! (I don't steal internet access like this, I'm just saying it could be done.. my wireless network picks up and lists three other wireless networks that other college students in my apartment complex don't have access codes on. Idiots.)

mac_mogul said:
ZeroCool, I appologize if you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you. It's just that I know what I'm trying to say, even if no one else does.:)

And getting back to the whole topic of Gmail, In my opinion, it may be free for only a while. I don't think that Google has the stamina to host millions of People's accounts, each at 1 gig. I think that gradually, they will decrease the amount of free storage you get until you pay a fee for the extra storage. Even hotmail went in that same general direction.

I get you, mac_mogul. I enjoyed our tiny debate. :)

Originally posted by ImAnAardvark
And it just so happens that you CAN access the internet for free.. you just need to have a wireless PCS card, and live next door to the fool who has a wireless cable network set up without an access code or encryption. HAHA!! (I don't steal internet access like this, I'm just saying it could be done.. my wireless network picks up and lists three other wireless networks that other college students in my apartment complex don't have access codes on. Idiots.)

you still had to pay for the Wireless card... and then there is the wear and tear on your arse... sitting in front of your puter and the wearing of your fingers on the keyboard ;)

hmmmm......someone mensioned having to may for there isp....i dont and i have a t1 line, there are free things in the world, and why the heck are we fighting over free things?

CameraMan said:
hmmmm......someone mensioned having to may for there isp....i dont and i have a t1 line, there are free things in the world, and why the heck are we fighting over free things?

connections at work, or company supplied connections dont count!

somewhere, someonw had to pay for it... but all this discusion as to what is free and what is not free is over shadowing the original staement/question.

1. google, is going to roll out 1 gig mail boxes.
*Who needs that much?
2. to get it you have to agree to have your mail scanned, and advertisments attached.
*big brother is coming
3. a congress woman is trying to stop it..
*why bother trying to stop a train...
4. just like everything else, nothing in life is free.....
*you will pay in your right to privacy...
AND

5. Man people will debate and argue about anything wont they.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom