good tech websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
this is a great tech forum, so im not looking for any more forums, but what other tech sites do you guys visit frequently?
i always look here, G4TechTv(the site is WAY worse than the old ttv one which was amazing with all the good info it had),and the broken(yes i do check daily hoping for some miracle and a 4th episode to show up)

I find TechTV to be pretty well laid out. Visit PCWorld.com for great reviews on the latest equipment.
The broken was exciting at first, but the layout for the episodes is terrible. They spend a little too much time with slowmotion video accompanied with cheesy music. You can learn a lot from the episodes, but are you really going to need to set a laptop on fire from a remote switch? They also don't explain much in detail....just that it can be done.
And for a "hacker" video that "is a little shady", did I hear them correctly when they said that they couldn't mention where to get the Game Cube crack from???? LOL! Sorry to bust on thebroken so much but I just feel that it's a little cheesy. I'll probably watch the 4th when it's posted but it will just probably end up where the other 3 did......the trash bin on my desktop.

yea the episodes are a little cheezy, but like u said it has a little entertainment with not tech. and i have no idea what the point of the second episode was ( the one with ramzi showing u how to pour concrete into a pvc pipe to make a door ram, and that was the whole episode, like 3 min ). have u been to techtv since the merger? because all those old archives and the web layout was great, but that has all changed. ill check out pcworld.

thebroken video releases have always been about sheer entertainment over actual knowledge and/or "how to's." i think all and all its put togeather very well for what it is.

Originally posted by fitzfan
.... i have no idea what the point of the second episode was ( the one with ramzi showing u how to pour concrete into a pvc pipe to make a door ram, and that was the whole episode, like 3 min )

lol, that episode was just hilarious..

techtv dot com has been down and you'll be automatically directed to the new g4 site. don't expect much from 'thebroken' anytime soon, the forums have been down for months and with "krose" having to move down to la just to keep his job, there won't be another video release for some time. :(

[/chrönik04]

I frequent the Australian Over Clocker Forum. But mainly so I can scout out some sales.

Although it's a larger forum community, there are alot of ****heads on that board.

I do enjoy the quality of the techist.com community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom