Good sounding Stuff!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That maybe so, but what i heard with my own ears was quite a large difference between the the m-audio and x-fi. <- and for me there's no better evidence than that to tell me different.

I still have an X-Fi in my PC, because some games refuse to run well with my M-Audio.

Can anyone explain why i went to a audio shop this morning and they had a new pre amp on show and all it had was a potentiometer, and 2 small transistors on the entire 30cmx30cm board. How the "^&£ does that work :confused:

I might buy an external DAC-1 for my PC. Not sure at the moment.

That maybe so, but what i heard with my own ears was quite a large difference between the the m-audio and x-fi. <- and for me there's no better evidence than that to tell me different.
If it was an unmodified X-Fi, then it will have average sound quality.
Like I said, the X-Fi audio processor is quite good. but it's let down by some poor quality components.

which is why people (such as myself) modify them.

I have an audigy 2 zs platinum with a pair of HD280's. It sounds pretty good. I am itching for some true audiophile equipment though. But i may have to sell my computer for that to happen. Any recommendations on a nice audiophile level set of speakers and amplifier. Stereo is good.
I went to my godfather's house and he has one of those fancy onix dual mono amplifiers with a pair of Pro Ac speakers and it sounds phenomenal.

I have an audigy 2 zs platinum with a pair of HD280's. It sounds pretty good. I am itching for some true audiophile equipment though. But i may have to sell my computer for that to happen. Any recommendations on a nice audiophile level set of speakers and amplifier. Stereo is good.
I went to my godfather's house and he has one of those fancy onix dual mono amplifiers with a pair of Pro Ac speakers and it sounds phenomenal.
You can modify that Audigy 2 to sound better (the same way many people modify their X-Fi's)

Wow Apok, what Sound Cards can you do that with? I might get a sound card, and if you can mod it, I may send it straight to you, and you'll mod it right :)

I just ordered some hd280pro's, its been too long without them. I only had them a couple months until my friend took them back for his studio.

Im stuck between modifying my x-fi, or selling it and buying an Auzentech Prelude.

I may just do the later, when i get all this stuff paid off and can splurge on more stuff for myself. Or i can sell my current usb mixer and pick up a Mackie Onyx....

How much? I'm in dire need of a sound card, since I bought a Steelseries 5h for $40 (new) and I want to get the most out of it..

also where did you get the PQA ram? I'm thinking of going Vista and adding an extra Gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom