Good News about Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, I thought that would be big news on the forums.. its big news for me :)
No one seems interested.

I'm not in a hurry to get vista, but it does ease the tension between me and microsoft ALOT. I was thinking about blowing up [empty] buildings before.

it amazes me how stupid people are sometime. I can't believe it took a huge public outcry for them to realize "oh gee......maybe recharging people a ridiculous price for our crappy OS every 2 times ISNT such a smart idea."

Wise Move Micro$oft!

I was digging into Microsoft about this. Becuase the number of times where I need to do an out of warranty repair on a vista computer where I have to change the motherboard. Because I refuse to tell my customers just because there motherboard has crashed that they will need to also purchase a new copy of windows vista.

The reply was this "As long as it's not a major upgrade, it's okay to use the same lisence" or "as long as you are to replacing the majority of the parts, it's okay use the same lisence"

Microsoft licensing must think that we computer techs are still living in the late 1990's where motherboards did not carry the onboard sound, network and video cards. Now days, the motherboard carries up to 50% of the computer parts*. And Miscrosoft has not been able to give me straight answer on what is considered "a major upgrade"

Because if that was going to be the case, I was going to still continue promoting windows xp on my white boxes for as long as possible.

Since microsoft was introducing doing a series of windows launches world wide for OEM Builders and Professional Partners last week, I am quite sure that I was not the only angry techie on this matter.

- 40% when there is a seperate video card
- 50% when there is a on board video card
- 60% - 70% when I am stuck replacing just about all the core parts because Intel or AMD has changed their sockets and ram modules.

And all that take is the motherboard to fail out side the warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom