good movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
A Clockwork Orange)

Great movie.

to add to the list.

Black hawk down is a good one as bleak mentioned.
Saving Private ryan is excellent as well.
Half baked is incredibly hilarious!

I will add more later.

We all know that THE DESCENT is TF's Film of the year.

Actaully, my favorite film is STRANGE DAYS

Spartan666 said:
That movie is a bit...disturbed. Be sure you are mature enough to watch it. Not recommended to anyone under 15ish. :confused:

Clockwork Orange. That movie is a bit...****. If you need to watch a Kubrick film go with Strangelove or The Shining.

BTW, Kubrick is the MOST overrated director in mainstream cinema history.

DefragMyHead said:

BTW, Kubrick is the MOST overrated director in mainstream cinema history.

There are alot more over-rated directors in mainstream cinema. Kubrik movies are not for the average movie viewer. They are for people who look at movies for more than just their aesthetic entertaining value. But, I know what oyu mean.

I'm probably going to be flamed to **** for this one. This is going to come from a HUGE Star Wars fan. I have grown up on those movies, and loved them since I was a kid. But, George Lucas has to be one of the most overrated directors in movie history. Granted, the original Star Wars movies were perhaps the greatest movies of all time, he really is not that great of a director. Think about it, if he were as great as everyone would like to think he is, dont you think the newest Star Wars movies would have sucked a whole lot less?

Him said:
There are alot more over-rated directors in mainstream cinema. Kubrik movies are not for the average movie viewer. They are for people who look at movies for more than just their aesthetic entertaining value. But, I know what oyu mean.

I'm probably going to be flamed to **** for this one. This is going to come from a HUGE Star Wars fan. I have grown up on those movies, and loved them since I was a kid. But, George Lucas has to be one of the most overrated directors in movie history. Granted, the original Star Wars movies were perhaps the greatest movies of all time, he really is not that great of a director. Think about it, if he were as great as everyone would like to think he is, dont you think the newest Star Wars movies would have sucked a whole lot less?

i liked the new ones, they werent as good as the old ones but i still thoght they were entertaining

Best movie out right now: V for Vendetta. The layers of meaning in this movie and the intricate plot and character development is incredible. I highly recommend it :)

o, & gigli

The Future said:
Best movie out right now: V for Vendetta. The layers of meaning in this movie and the intricate plot and character development is incredible. I highly recommend it :)

o, & gigli

thats funny, because that is actually what I watched the night I posted this. And yes I liked it alot, loved the ending where he gets shot ALOT and just gets up, says "my turn" and kills all of them. I actually said he was my new favorite character in the fav character thread too.

requiem for a dream

Drugs. They consume mind, body and soul. Once you're hooked, you're hooked. Four lives. Four addicts. Four failures. Doing their best to succeed in the world, but failing miserably, four people get hooked on various drugs. Despite their aspirations of greatness, they succumb to their addictions. Watching the addicts spiral out of control, we bear witness to the dirtiest, ugliest portions of the underworld addicts reside in. It is shocking and eye-opening but demands to be seen by both addicts and non-addicts alike.

fear and loathing in las vegas

The big-screen version of Hunter S. Thompson's seminal psychedelic classic about his road trip across Western America as he and his large Samoan lawyer searched desperately for the "American dream"... they were helped in large part by the huge amount of drugs and alcohol kept in their convertible, The Red Shark.

blow

A boy named George Jung grows up in a struggling family in the 1950's. His mother nags at her husband as he is trying to make a living for the family. It is finally revealed that George's father cannot make a living and the family goes bankrupt. George does not want the same thing to happen to him, and his friend Tuna, in the 1960's, suggests that he deal marijuana. He is a big hit in California in the 1960's, yet he goes to jail, where he finds out about the wonders of cocaine. As a result, when released, he gets rich by bringing cocaine to America. However, he soon pays the price.

gridlock'd

After a friend overdoses, Spoon and Stretch decide to kick their drug habits and attempt to enroll in a government detox program. Their efforts are hampered by seemingly endless red tape, as they are shuffled from one office to another while being chased by drug dealers and the police.

spun

An out-of-control speed freak (Schwartzman) is introduced his drug of choice's creator (Rourke) by his dealer (Leguizamo). A massive three-day adventure ensues (with Fugit, Murphy, and Suvari in tow).

sin city

Sin City is a violent city where the police department is as corrupt as the streets are deadly. In this movie, we follow three stories, the central of which is Marv, a tough-as-nails and nearly impossible to kill street fighter who goes on a rampage of vengeance when a beautiful woman, Goldie (King), he sleeps with for only one night is killed while lying in bed with him.

true romance

Clarence Worley, a penniless hipster in Detroit with a love for Elvis meets a mysterious hooker paid to meet him named Alabama on his birthday in a theater at night. Falling in love, he makes it his mission to dispose of her past, namely her violent pimp, Drexl Spivey. Defeating him and unknowingly taking a vast fortune of Cocaine, the two fight to sell the white gold in Los Angeles as Drexl's associates fight to reclaim it in a bloody romantic thriller full to the brim with style.

csamuels said:
fear and loathing in las vegas

The big-screen version of Hunter S. Thompson's seminal psychedelic classic about his road trip across Western America as he and his large Samoan lawyer searched desperately for the "American dream"... they were helped in large part by the huge amount of drugs and alcohol kept in their convertible, The Red Shark.

[/B]

one of the best movies ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom