good movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Inside Man last night, all in all i thought it was quite good. Good plot. V for Vendetta is cool, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, any Monty Python, Euro Trip, Alien I, and alot more. :)

Whoever said Syriana, all i can say is wow. I did not understand that movie in the slightest, if you can understand the whole thing i give you major kudos. I have had to watch it multiple times to grasp any deeper meaning. :p

I'm pretty fond of old movies, from the sixties and seventies. I love ol westerns, blaxploitation moves are always good for a laugh (those are the moves where the star is a black man who holds true to every stereotype of a black man in that time period). It all depends on your type. Are you a movie person, or do you just watch movies for the **** of it? I mean, tehre are certain movies that the general public would not enjoy, but for someone who frequently watches movies, they are a god send. I can recommend some of those.

If you like war movies, see Full Metal Jacket, Enemy at the Gate, Gettysburg, Band of Brother (series), Black Hawk Down, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, Tae Guk Gi:Brotherhood of war (the north korean war), Downfall (last few week of Hitler's life).

thebleakness said:
I saw Inside Man last night, all in all i thought it was quite good. Good plot. V for Vendetta is cool, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, any Monty Python, Euro Trip, Alien I, and alot more. :)

Whoever said Syriana, all i can say is wow. I did not understand that movie in the slightest, if you can understand the whole thing i give you major kudos. I have had to watch it multiple times to grasp any deeper meaning. :p

Yea I watched Inside Man last night too, it was a good movie if you're into those types of movies.

Band of Brothers is my favorite war movie, okay it's a mini-series and is over 10 hours long but I love my DVD set I got.

Law said:
If you like war movies, see Full Metal Jacket, Enemy at the Gate, Gettysburg, Band of Brother (series), Black Hawk Down, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, Tae Guk Gi:Brotherhood of war (the north korean war), Downfall (last few week of Hitler's life).

You gotta see movies like The Great Escape, Run Silent Run Deep, Papillon, etc...

Shawshank Redemption (Morgan Freeman)
Alien series (all 4) (Sigourny Weaver)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp)
Heat (Al Pacino, Rovert de Niro, Val Kilmer)
Ronin (Jean Reno)
Léon (The Professional) (Jean Reno)
Scarface (Al Pacino)
Terminator (all 3)
The Color of the Night (Bruce Willis)
Ocean's Eleven (George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt; don't watch Ocean's Twelve, it sucks)
Goodfellas (Robert de Niro)
Analyze That (Robert de Niro)

Don't watch anything by Quentin Tarantino; his movies are so immature (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs...)

TheMajor said:

Don't watch anything by Quentin Tarantino; his movies are so immature (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs...)
[/color]

Thats a riduculous thing to say. Immature? Not at all. Twisted, yes. How could you say that his movies are immature, especially when you recommend movies like The Color of Night, and saying that Ocean's 12 sucks... It didnt suck, wasnt the first one, but was mighty entertaining. And Q is not immature, just a self-absorbed scumbag who manages to make insane movies, which are good. Have you even watched Resevoir Dogs? Not immature in the slightest. Dont say that his movies are immature, because they're not.

Even though you did cap on my main man Q, I do have to admit, your list is pretty killer. Leon is one of my favorite movies, and Heat, oh man, Heat. Gotta love Heat.

I like comedies so, Dodgeball, Anchorman, A night at the roxberry, Napolean Dynamite, The ringer, The benchwarmers, Tommy Boy, Joe Dirt, all will ferrel movies, most owen wilson movies, all chris farley movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom