Good Gift Ideas / Favorite GIfts

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Holiday Season is coming and time to start shopping.

What are some good gift ideas? What were the favoritest you've recieved?

I went with coffee on year and it was well received.

jawbone earphones maybe? iphone / tablet accessories?

Best? That would be last year as I got a second 25" monitor, new computer case, and a very nice office chair (and I got to pick them all out).

Gift ideas? NewEgg gift certificates for geeks. You idea of coffee is a great one; expand that to include a french press (small single sizes aren't too awfully expensive) and you would have a huge hit for sure.

A lot depends on your budget, though.

I always seem to get clothing and I end up buying myself something cool. When I was younger I always liked getting cash the most, can't say my feeling have changed, cash still rules in my book.

I used to love being given presents as I never had money to buy things myself and we were never particularly well off so I'd get new stuff as presents at birthday and Christmas. These days I've got a decent enough earning job that I much prefer to give presents than receive, it's enjoyable getting someone something they'll like and I can buy most of the things I want myself.

I think increasingly network media players like the WD Live are going to become a great gift. They're relatively cheap as far as electronic gifts go and will likely see hundreds of hours of use.

I find expensive alcohol goes down well.

I will get my parents some Ciroc Vodka, and my sister some Pink colored Champagne (She's a real girly girl). Job done.

Coffee FTW!!! Gift cards to restaurants are cool too! I don't give much cause everyone I know has a lot of stuff. My mom has too much junk and she's ok financially so she doesn't need gifts....

my bros and sis only even wanted money when I was little so they can buy xbox and pc games LOL. same with me as well.

as for me I want a droid phone or a new UPS or a new GPU gifted if I can't save up enough for it all.

For me, vodka always works :p Last christmas I think 95% of my presents were in liquid form lol.

Like nitestick said, I usually just buy myself whatever I want these days. I know what I want, and I have the moolah to get it. If I don't, my family definitely can't afford it either.

As for my family, I usually get them tech-related items. 1tb 2.5" drives, new monitors, new music player, kindle, etc.

For me, vodka always works :p Last christmas I think 95% of my presents were in liquid form lol.

Like nitestick said, I usually just buy myself whatever I want these days. I know what I want, and I have the moolah to get it. If I don't, my family definitely can't afford it either.

As for my family, I usually get them tech-related items. 1tb 2.5" drives, new monitors, new music player, kindle, etc.

Yeah, it falls to us to educate the masses and push them towards tech adoption XD. Like I mentioned in the Just Bought thread I got my mum a Xoom tablet for xmas that I've already forced her to open :p. I'm going to get my grandparents a digital radio in a retro 60s/70s style.

Give a non computer person a compatible stick of RAM for their old computer. Tell them it will speed up their computer, but there's a twist. They have to figure out how to put it in.

Most gifts I give usually have a price for the receiver to pay. Usually, I tape the heck out of all the corners of the wrapping paper to make the gift hard to open. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom