Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC said:
Keep telling yourself that. You'll be joining the children and the elderly.
Uhm thats kinda cruddy attitude, did you even read what I wrote? I guess your mad because I made that joke about the hippie holy grail of "Global Warming".

BTW what I said was true, and don't kid yourself its already happening. Children living in in areas with poor air quality have poorer health, more cases of asthma, heart problems, sudden infant death syndrome, ect. Its funny how you never hear about this in the news, but it seems every other day some giant dip sh*t is talking about global warming......something that hasn't ever been proven, and even if it was would take a hundred+ years to truly affect us.

Molsen just because I'm tired of hearing about it doesn't mean I don't believe its a problem, I do think its overstated. I never stated my opinion about global warming until now, you may have assumed it.
IPCC states unequivocally that the consensus of scientific opinion is that Earth's climate is being affected by human activities
*rubs eyes* That report is massive, so I just skimmed it. Its most likely that releasing gases into the environment does have an impact, but what is that impact? Last year the scientific community predicted that due to global warming we would have even more hurricanes then the year before, as it turned out we had none. Your telling me they can predict what the world will be like in 100 years when they can't get it right 1 year in advance? Theres simply no way to determine what future technologies will bring to the table, plus they just don't know enough about the planet to make a decent prediction about even current levels.
There is now higher confidence in projected patterns of warming

Anyway I've said all I had to say on the subject. I don't care to continue talking about something that honestly makes me want to change the channel. I do my part and I'm out, I'll leave screaming at the wind to you. Ohh and molsen you still try to hard :p

I can't believe that global warming skeptics still exist... :amazed: but I guess there are still people who think the earth is flat so what can you do?

My only hopes is that if our good earth gets too hurt, she will strike back with another ice age and fix itself..... kinda like in day after tomorrow...i hope

Anyone who thinks global warming just means warmer temperatures is a fool. "Global Warming" is actually more like Climate Change. The problem with climate change is that it has a synergistic effect, everything is interconnected and what may have unforeseen consequences. The melting of arctic glaciers for example not only will raise the sea level, but could effect the "global conveyor belt" of ocean currents by adding extra fresh water. Or it rapidly could shift climate regions. moving of deserts etc... An increase of just a several feet could inundate cities of millions of people, making katrina look like a cake walk. But by far the most dangerous factor of climate change is the human factor. Things may look bad now globally, but the extra stress on nations by climate change could easily multiply tensions. Laugh at it now, or dismiss it as a political ploy, but it is real. You will have to deal with it one way or another and it will effect everyone, liberal AND conservative. Now, how to deal with it... that of course IS political.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom