Getting into Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Ok guys, I have heard a few of their songs and I want to get into it more, but I need to know which ones are good ones to get.

So whoever listens to them, name your favorite songs and I'll check em out.

oh man, JUST now getting into slayer!? You're dead to me powerslave!

Start with the classics, Reign in Blood, can't go wrong with that. That's the album actually, not a particular song, but it's basically what Slayer is known for. You should start off there and then maybe try out Divine Intervention and Diabolus in Musica and then for some newer stuff try God Hates us All

Nubius said:
oh man, JUST now getting into slayer!? You're dead to me powerslave!

Start with the classics, Reign in Blood, can't go wrong with that. That's the album actually, not a particular song, but it's basically what Slayer is known for. You should start off there and then maybe try out Divine Intervention and Diabolus in Musica and then for some newer stuff try God Hates us All

Ok, thanks.

Get 'Seasons in the Abyss' first
then Reign in Blood
then South of Heaven (after that, check out Decapitated's cover of Mandatory Suicide...awesome)
then **** Awaits

I dont listen to their newer stuff, so I cant really comment on it.

Angel of Death
Raining blood
Deciple
inna gadda davida
South of Heaven
I cant remember some of the old stuff i used to listen too. I dont remember where i put that cd.

Yeah, that's basically their most popular song of all time. EVERYBODY knows that song regardless if you know of slayer or even like them........chances are when that song starts playing.....everyone recognizes that first minute or so.

Name of God and Richard Hung Himself are a couple of my favs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom