Getting into College Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
ok i have a question as the topic name implies:

2 students, and both have the same standardized test scores....

One took really easy classes and got really good grades with a high GPA, the other one took so harder ones and got C ands D's, they both were applying to the same college, who would be more likely to get in??

i'm in this situation because i don't know whether to get easy classes with good grades or barely pass and struggle my butt to even pass.... which does the college want?

so GPA vs class lvls...

Both have the same chance. But if the question were fitted to a real world situation, it would be like this:
Easy classes, A-B
Harder classes, B-C
The latter wins. The choice also depends on the submission letter and other things like extracurricular activities.

EXACT same? Then they'd probably go to character references and your written essays.

And don't tell me they're the exact same too...if they were, neither of you'd be getting into college.

lol u know what i mean..... its me in this situation... one path says easy A's other says harder classes worse grades...

do whatever you can do well in. if the college sees you took harder classes but made c's and d's, that's not very good at all and they'll see that as an inability on your part to handle harder material (e.g. college stuff).

doing something easy and getting a's is much better than doing something hard and getting c's as far as college applications go

if you challenge yourself and do poorly, you've blown your GPA for nothing.

thanks guys.... that helped a lot.... if u have anymore suggestions feel free to keep em' coming

What college are you trying to get into? If it's some Ivy league college, better get your stuff together. If it's just a "normal" 4-year university then don't sweat it too much.

Also, I think your best advice would be to talk to the admissions counselor and see what he/she says. That's the person who is going to know what will get you in. I think a good SAT score would be one of the criteria as well. good luck.

What college are you trying to get into? If it's some Ivy league college, better get your stuff together. If it's just a "normal" 4-year university then don't sweat it too much.

Also, I think your best advice would be to talk to the admissions counselor and see what he/she says. That's the person who is going to know what will get you in. I think a good SAT score would be one of the criteria as well. good luck.

its a normal 4 year, either Georgia Institute of Technology or University of Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom