Getting better hardware back from Warranty / RMA Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
We all know that we occassionally has computer parts that fall over during the warranty period. Most of the time we send the parts back for Warranty / RMA. And we normally get the same item (some time referbished) back.

However some times, due to the older product getting discontinued and is no longer avalable, we occasionally get some thing better in return.

So far, I have managed to luck out on the following :-

Kodak 2x CDR Drive came back as the Kodak 4x CDR Drive
Kodak 4x CDR Drive (same that got sent back) came back as the Kodak 6x CDR Drive
Kodak 6x CDR Drive (same that got sent back) came back as the Kodak 8x CDR Drive
Do not buy Kodak CDR Drives as they $#!+. I was only burning about 1 or 2 CD a week over those 12 months. And it was always the same fault with the laser.

Quantum 40Gb @ 5400 RPM HDD came back as Maxtrox 40Gb @ 7200 RPM

Seagate 10 Gb Hard Drive, came back as Seagate 10Gb. However I was using Partition Magic on this drive. Partition Magic recognised it as a 40Gb.

RivaTNT 16Mb came back as a RivaTNTM64 32Mb

Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M ALL-IN-ONE Motherboard (DOA for the second time) cam GA-K8VT800 Motherboard because complained about it too much, and there was no avalable stock on the other motherboard.

Thermaltake Hardcano 12 came back as Thermaltake Hardcano 13

How about you guys, what "win" situations did you get via the warranty?

lol can't say my last RMA experience was much fun...had to RMA my CPU twice and they just kept sending out DOAs

gaara said:
lol can't say my last RMA experience was much fun...had to RMA my CPU twice and they just kept sending out DOAs

Why were you RMA'ing? Maybe they sent back the same ones you sent in.

gaara said:
OUCH!!!! What CPU is that?

Why were you RMA'ing? Maybe they sent back the same ones you sent in.
Because the first one I got was DOA...

OUCH!!!! What CPU is that?
It was a 3200+ Venice and I was getting pretty pissed off because this was back in April when everyone was scrambling to get the good stepping cores...as was I

I eventually sent the retailer an emailer after I think the third try and told them I wanted a refund as it was getting ridiculous...bought the same processor from a different distributor no hassle and they sent me a week15 to boot

gaara said:
I eventually sent the retailer an emailer after I think the third try and told them I wanted a refund as it was getting ridiculous...bought the same processor from a different distributor no hassle and they sent me a week15 to boot
You need to watch some disty. I with a few of them as I was getting too many RMA CPUs.

Only once in my life I got something "better" because the item I had was discontinued and that was the old Webtv Plus. It quit working on me one day so I took it back to Circuit City only to find it had been discontinued. So CC gave me store credit worth the amount of the WTV which was about $200. So with that credit I brought my camcorder. Still works too after 5 or 6 years now.

well....I had ordered a 9600XT 256mb card for this kids computer....it took like 3 weeks for that stupid card to show up because of a zipcode error....about a month later after that card shows up and I've put that kids computer together and mailed it to him....FedEX stops by and drops off a complete BEAT TO SHIT box....it was a 9600XT 256mb card lol...the freakin card was BENT, the metal part of the card that snaps to the back of your case, had smashed the drivers CD and was poking out through the box.

Low and behold the card still worked :D Soooo basically it was a buy 1 get 1 free kind of situation lol...I wound up selling that 9600XT 256mb to a friend for $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom