Getting Annyoed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey new comers get there info and leave basically that is what the forum is about. but its those people who stay arround to share there knowlage that make this place great. If they have a question and get an answer i have no problem with them not posting but i would like a thank you at the end or something but by just helping the person and knowing im right is pretty good satisfaction, when ur good at nothing else lol(like me

i agree with xt...

when i joined, it was only to ask 1 question...but then i had a few more n before i knew it i got interested and stayed

even the dumbest question will show some of the people that are consern about their problems so bare with the new members
i seen posts by people with 100 + asking in the wrong forums and dumb Q' too

DeathToCats said:
"Which way should the fans blow?"

That where some forums have a F.A.Q.

The problem is whether or not people read it.

jaun1477 said:
even the dumbest question will show some of the people that are consern about their problems so bare with the new members
i seen posts by people with 100 + asking in the wrong forums and dumb Q' too

If I need to post up a dumb question, I will normally high light it as a [DUMB QUESTION] is the subject bar.

Like last night with me helping my flatmate customise is desktop. :rolleyes:
(I set up complex networks and fix tricky computer problems for a living, i care little about having the Transformers AUTOBOT logo for the MY COMPUTER Icon)
:rolleyes:

If not for the need of help and the like that people need... what would be the point of a forum?

hello...

I drifted in this thread and LMAO.
Actually, I'm a little tired/hungry/ and have so much to do.

ANYWAY.... An idea hit me....

WE NEED TO MAKE this topic or thread into a "dialogue"!

I would like for someone to "take charge" and "organize" this idea. As in... "Lets to it right"

I'm thinking of something like:
"The Chris Rock Show about Computer Support"

except we HAVE TO KEEP it clean and not make "direct" fun of the 'newbies' or the people just trying to get one rib... I mean get one answer and never come back.

If members can post there "funny lines" dealing with computer support or funny situations they have seen or dealt with dealing with "NON-Computer Users".

Example: (from above)
Tech-Support: Hello, Tech Support. How can I help you?

User: Hi, yes... My computer is not working. I tried to turn it on today, but nothing happens? Can you tell me why not?

Tech-Support: [says to himself] Not AGAIN! Are these people kidding?!

Tech-Support: Okay, I'm pulling my check list up on my screen and I'm going to print it out, as I hate looking at my computer screen. There are 1000 pages to print... Can you wait while it prints out?

User: Uhm... How long will that take?

Tech-Support: About 5 hours, will that be a problem?

-------------------

Well, you get the point... maybe my little example was not that funny. But WE'VE all heard funny stories/lines that non-computer people do and say when they have computer problems.

anyway, if this comes together like I think it can:
1) I will create a separate page to put all this on
2) It should be 'classic' lines, etc. Things that will always make you laugh.

What do you think?

Thanks

PLEASE REMEMBER:
We are not laughing "at" them... we are laughing "with" them
:)

- we are not trying to "scare" anyone away
- But maybe through "humor" we can at least help new computer users to:
a) give more details to a question
b) before asking a question, ask themself... "Would someone need ESP, Mind Reading Skills, or 'special powers' to answer that question?"
--- if the answer is no: Then its a good question
--- if the answer is yes: Then you need to ask a more detailed question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom