Get a refund on preinstalled Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to move Vista, but I'm going to add a little more RAM since I'm a hardcore gamer.. (well somewhat)

So is the FPS cut thing true or not? I don't want to drop my COD4 settings to Medium, I enjoy 800x600 @ High :)

You should be fine running vista. I haven't had any problems running cod4 or Crysis with 2gb of ram.

Who doesn't have a serial key for a copy or three of XP laying around from defunct computers? Besides, Linux ain't so bad unless you are a big gamer and can't afford to lose a few frames with Wine.

Who doesn't have a serial key for a copy or three of XP laying around from defunct computers? Besides, Linux ain't so bad unless you are a big gamer and can't afford to lose a few frames with Wine.

It depends if that is for a OEM copy or a retail.

I plan to reject the EULA when I get a laptop for 2 reasons. 1) I hate the preinstalled adverts, 2) laptops are for productivity and not gaming (for me so I don't get a (insert whatever) replying on this point) so will install Fedora on it.

Don't forget that if you have purchased windows Vista Business or Ultimate, you do have grade rights back to Xp Pro. The only thing that you really need to chace up is drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom