geeksquad sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester73440

Baseband Member
i know i'm not shocking anyone with the title. but thought i'd share my horror story. Now the only reason i took my laptop to geeksquad was because it was still warrantied

1/19 take it in possible MB burn out
2/3 pick up laptop fixed.... get home and notice my wireless wasn't working. they installed another bad MB which by the next morning completely went out
2/4 drop off for rerepair
2/13 pick up, get it home notice my DVDrom wasn't installed luckily i did get it to install

for the average person they would had to of taken the computer back in for the DVDR. What the **** are those idiots doing over there? what kind of "final inspection" do they actually perform. anyone thinking of taking something to them save your self the time and just smash your pc with a hammer.

IMO they can die, they wont hire real techs that know there crap, yet they want a little idiot that has some sort of cert or collage, and they know nothing...

^^ Exactly. When CC was still around, I tried to get hired by the Firedog people, but they apparently don't like people with actual experience.

IMO they can die, they wont hire real techs that know there crap, yet they want a little idiot that has some sort of cert or collage, and they know nothing...
Then they wouldn't make money. These techs only make between 9 and 13 dollars. You tell me where in the workforce you can hire a licensed experience professional for that much money... you can't. This is why they hire people with less experience or someone on a part time basis, because if they had the certified people whom make 40 a year fixing computers they would never make money. (this isn't to mock anyone working for geek squad, i'm seriously just explaining that they wouldn't make money if they had high paying techs doing the work)

It is a low end cert, go to best buy sometime and try to put in an app, they require a cert, can't remember what it is called though...

Probably A+.

But almost anyone can get one of those nowadays. You'd think they'd look at actual experience. I mean, I have 5 years experience working with computers, soon to be more, I just haven't had any money to get certs lately.

More or less. The people they do hire, though, turn out incredibly arrogant. Best Buy's training program and environment make them think they're simply the best at everything and superior to everyone else. There's a lot of ex-Geeksquad folks at my work now and they all vouch for that firsthand. The best guy's all get burnt out from that awful place after a few years and leave because they can't take all the crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom