Geek Speek

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
I think it is funny to hear all the "geek speek" out there. Anyone interested inposting their words up here?

"Intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer." I've seen this in many writeups...always thought it was a clever/neat thing to say.

When I was a tech for a large law firm, certain (l)users who would repeatedly complain about PC problems that we couldn't replicate(even after many attempts), and when we were fairly certain the problem was purely based on the impatience or imagination of the user - we would have a can of "magic smoke" which we would use to replenish the PC's "magic smoke." The magic smoke was a relabeled can of pressurized air. The ticket would read "Diagnostic completed, fixes applied." Most all users noticed a large improvement in their machines.

We had offline storage of many legal documents, and we were known for getting files from the 'optical jukebox.' The optical jukebox was 'me' manually retrieving the archived files.

In order to not alarm potential law firm clients (like Boeing, Nintendo etc) when the network was down, we issued an overhead page "The system is now code red." to all seven floors. I loved doing that, and then answering the incomming storm of calls from staff for when the system would be "Code Blue" again. lol

Don't really have any other geek speak, other than hearing management use the words "proactive," "task-force," "mission-critical," way, way too often in meetings. I'll show you proactive...grr.

I think he meant something less intelligent like "l33t" and "H@xx0r"

To me geek speak is anything which makes most people look at you and say...(for example)

"Umm, I know how to turn my computer on, I know how to surf the web.... I don't know what you're asking me....? What's a motherboard??"

:p :p

for me its kinda like saying a word, term or something that relatively means nothing to most people

like...."i'll be getting a hooganubanoo and puninunying for tomorrow."

people will then react:

:( :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:
:mad: :eek: :confused: :amazed:

I always thought it was called 1337 speak. *shrug*

1 4l\/\/4y5 t|-|0|_|g|-|t 1t \/\/45 (4ll3|) 1337 5p34k. *5|-|r|_|g*

^ Thats the sentence translated into 1337/geek speak.

BTW: 1337 stands for leet, which is a shortened version of elite.

BTW: 1337 stands for leet, which is a shortened version of elite.

Everyone knows that! LOL

i @M U8er l337 +O 4ll j00 W@NN4-B3'$ 0U+ th3R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom