Gates to stop working full-time at Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Gates is not RETIRING. It's not like the guy is packing up his luggage, heading down to Florida in his Caddy and going to play Bridge for teh rest of his life. He will still be intimately involved with the company, albeit in a lesser role. I don't think his depature will be the genesis of the downfall of MS, and for that matter--given the fact he's given two years notice--it probably won't even hurt its stock.

The General said:
No, it's not generous. Generous is the opensource community.

Besides, this only generates more Windows users, so I fail to see how this is generous. If anything, it's a lie that generates more income for Bill Gates.

This is not an act of generosity, it's a business scheme.

That's more than a little cynical The General. Not the whole world are techies. For you open-source is the way of the future for software to expand. For hundreds of millions of people starving and plagued with disease, Gate's 29.1 billion dollar philantrophy can go a long wayyyy to mitigate more ancient human scourges. I like Gates, and the people who constantly trash him reek of sour grapes to me. Mostly.

I think Bill Gates is retiring before the downfall of Vista.

I think Vista is going to be like Windows ME, a big sales bomb.

It's very attractive, but won't run on most new computers.
Also, i'm not 100% sure on what drivers it supports.
Windows XP happens to support almost every driver, making it very easy to use for most people.

The General said:
No, it's not generous. Generous is the opensource community.

Besides, this only generates more Windows users, so I fail to see how this is generous. If anything, it's a lie that generates more income for Bill Gates.

This is not an act of generosity, it's a business scheme.

You are looking at something very minuscule part of the Gates Foundation. I see it as being very generous because it is charity.

You really should read up on the Gates Foundation. Go to the links I provided earlier.

Dont bother.....he spells it that way EVERY single time, I've even brought it up before.....but apparently it's the cool thing to be ignorant and continually spell it 'ounce'. Must fit into that whole "want to be different" catagory.
And yet again like ive said many times before but yet seem to be talking to myself, its not a different thing and i dont see how spelling of any kind can make one self think that. Or even the color pink for that matter. Where the word is concerned i could care less. Bout like the stupid fuss you made over the word "hence". :rolleyes:

And yet again like ive said many times before but yet seem to be talking to myself, its not a different thing and i dont see how spelling of any kind can make one self think that.
Well gee, perhaps it's because you give the impression that you just like to wallow in ignorance? Once....ounce, it's not that freakin hard. The first time I brought it up to you, I wasn't even a jerk about it and you were saying something to the effect of "Nah, I'm just gonna do it that way"

In regards to 'hence', once again.....it was one of the few times that I actually tried to tell you something WITHOUT being a jerk about it, but what do you do? Throw up the 'GRAMMAR POLICE' and stupid crap like that.

Why dont you freakin quote havoc too while you're at it instead of just me which would be the obvious choice, oh yeah......cause apparently you just like to have these stupid little arguments every once in a while..........oops I meant ounce in a while. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <------oh looky!! I can do it too!! Makes me feel all good about it now! I showed you!

and uhhhh yeah..........Bill Gates.....................umm.................good stuff.

His foundation is no doubt a bad thing, good even. But it would be interesting to see what percent of his income he gives away. People seem to either hate or love bill gates, strage i dont see what hes done?

****badly worded****

I dont bring up the grammar police. I just type and yet wenever i make mistakes its usualy really early in the morning or im typing fast because i have better things to do than argue on a forum.

DefragMyHead said:
That's more than a little cynical The General. Not the whole world are techies. For you open-source is the way of the future for software to expand. For hundreds of millions of people starving and plagued with disease, Gate's 29.1 billion dollar philantrophy can go a long wayyyy to mitigate more ancient human scourges. I like Gates, and the people who constantly trash him reek of sour grapes to me. Mostly.

AnthraX said:
You are looking at something very minuscule part of the Gates Foundation. I see it as being very generous because it is charity.

You really should read up on the Gates Foundation. Go to the links I provided earlier.

I think I'll pass, being that I couldn't care less about Microsoft or Bill Gates for that matter.

Simon said:
His foundation is no doubt a bad thing, good even. But it would be interesting to see what percent of his income he gives away. People seem to either hate or love bill gates, strage i dont see what hes done?

****badly worded****

YES, yes it was, most certainly was badly worded, lol :D

i believe he is giving 10 mil to each of his kids, some to his wife, and the rest of his *some number i cant count to* to charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom