Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
I remember something back in clinton times that gore was pushing to put like a 50c tax on each gallon of gasoline (putting the price at what, $1.25? lol). The tax was to go to a fund for researching alternative energy sources mostly for cars... at least in theory but you know how those extra funds get moved around coughsocialsecuritycough.

So my question to you, is it too late to still add a $.5 or even $.25 tax on each gallon of gas for this kind of funding?

Personally the way i see it, we (americans) pay almost nothing for gas compared to (almost?) every other country, So more expensive gas wouldn't kill us, might even make people stop driving so much and use the bus or something... If paying $200 more a year will find something besides gas i'm all for it

I pay more than enough now. Hiking gas prices would be the equivalent of political suicide in the US. Everything is already taxed,we don't need any more. Let's try some conservation of government funds to find the money for it.

**** no im not paying any more for my gas its already over 3 bucks a gallon
al gore can go to **** for all i care i cant stand the guy.
if he wants to do this research, he can strart his own little fondation or something but dont raise my gas anymore

lol but really this is my point exactly i mean people think gas is so expensive just stop driving so much if it bothers you.... think about it though, i mean gas is close to the same price everywhere else in the world but per liter

I may not be a complete libral or anything but its clear our government can't manage to supply its own budgeting and such to make room for it, and not to mention that jacking the price up would slow people from driving place.

For example, right now i could bike down to the store and grab some milk and bike back, i have plenty of time and everything... but wth why not drive when it costs only about 5c of gas to do it?

At what point do people (...americans) stop buying gas and start using other forms of transportation?

EDIT: lol didn't mean to go on a little rant there....

i was thinking of getting a electric sports car, but then i would have to make it mine and my gf's so then id have to share it which i dont want to do

well there are no cabs or busses where i live so i drive where i go, and yes i complain about gas but i still pay for it because i need it
but im not going to pay al gore any money so he can find an alternative
my van gets about 25 on the highway and 20 on the streets and i drive and travel alot so i spend alot on gas each month so im not going to pay another 50 cents for a galon of gas

Yea, I agree. I get 16MPG highway, don't even ask about city... with my truck, I already pay over $100 to fill it, more cost to gas is too much.

Edit -- plus the whole idea of ridding your bike to get things only works if you are close enough. I live 9 miles outside of town and can't just bike to get things I need. (i.e. not everywhere is a city, there are still some of us who live away from "civilization" as I hear the city dwellers put it.) and even that 9 miles is only to a 3000+ population city. If I wanted to go to the 80K+ city, thats 80 miles away, theres a bike ride for ya)

Nah, we need to use Edward's plan...and charge companies a LOAD for pollution and then use their money to develop alternative fuels.

lol but really this is my point exactly i mean people think gas is so expensive just stop driving so much if it bothers you....

For example, right now i could bike down to the store and grab some milk and bike back, i have plenty of time and everything... but wth why not drive when it costs only about 5c of gas to do it?

At what point do people (...americans) stop buying gas and start using other forms of transportation?

That's a great point in all, but for some people that's just not on option. Some people don't have the chances of being able to walk to work or take a cab or bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom