Gaming lifestyle = long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalk

In Runtime
I have found an awesome guide for health while looking up some science stuff - I found the following researched recommendations to for a 'extremely long healthy life' off a British BBC health site:

-- Don’t over exert yourself. Professor Axt from Germany, who has written ‘On the Joy of Laziness’, advises people to, “Waste half your free time. Just enjoy lazing around. People who would rather laze in a hammock instead of running a marathon or who take a midday nap instead of playing squash have a better chance of living into old age."

--Eat curries. The curry spice turmeric contains curcumin, which slows down the ageing process by protecting our cells from damage.

-- Have a cup of tea. Tea is rich in flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Experts say that tea could be even more effective at protecting our cells from damage than regular intakes of fruit and vegetables.

-- Take a break from the old routine. Novelty and new experiences are good for the brain. Studies suggest that they increase the formation of neural connections in the brain.

--Accept that you will change somewhat with age.

--Be creative and allow your self to daydream. A study on American nuns showed that the most imaginative nuns had the longest lifespans. Letting your creative juices flow is good for stress relief.

--Have a glass or two. In moderation, alcohol is good for you. It can protect against heart disease.

Yah! Eat curry, drink alcohol, slack and play new games = heath through the ages! There were other things listed too but I'm of course ignoring them--they interfered w/ these guidelines ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom