Which gaming console do you think is the best?

Which gaming console do you think is the best?

• Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft XBox

• Gamecube

• Don't Care!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning of the 128 bit era all the consoles were even. That's because no one had really tapped their power yet. Then MGS2 (Metal Gear Solid 2) came out for the PS2 and it had AMAZING graphics. Then Halo for Xbox, which had even better graphics, and now the Xbox is completely taking over.

I didn't mention the Gamecube because, well, there isn't a lot to talk about. There are a few REALLY great games for it, but the thing keeping the Gamecube going are its fans...The hardcore Nintendo devotees.

Honestly though, you can't decide which system to buy on graphics, well you can, but you shouldn't. You should let the games decide. Each system is going to get all the multiplatform games, meaning the games will look about the same on each system, because in order to release the game instantly on all consoles they lower the graphics to run smoothly on the least powerful (PS2). So you can expect PS2 graphics from any multiplatform game you play, even on Xbox.

Xbox has a bunch of action, adventure, and first person shooters, while the PS2 has a lot of RPG's, platformers (is that right?), and many many franchises and series. Take the FF games for instance, they are holding the system up.

Oh, and Xbox also has Xbox Live, which is helping it tremendously. Sure, PS2 and Gamecube (not really, only PSO) have online play, but Xbox Live is where it's at. For those of you who have played Live know what I'm talking about. No lag, instant access, and it's very easy to setup. Along with great voice chat. There's no monthly fee. You pay $70 for the starter kit which includes one full year of the service, a headset, and a full game (Mech Assault).

I had a Xbox up to the last month but I sold it because I never really played it anymore. I got caught up in my computer and school. Right now I don't regret it, mainly because I have become to enjoy PC games more anyhow. And on the PC you have every kind of game imaginable. Oh, and you can adjust the graphics however you'd like.

That brings us to the one major draw back of PC gaming. You do have to update, but it's not as bad as most people think. How much do you pay for a new console? $300? $400? Well, you pay for a PC once, you may pay up to $1,000 for it, or you can even get a decent gaming machine for around $500-$600. From there on you may have to update every 2-3 years. It might cost you $200-$400 depending on how far you want to go with it. It's all up to you with PC gaming. But many people prefer consoles because you don't have to worry about anything. You plug it in, put in the disk, and play. All you need is a TV.

By the way, I voted Xbox because in the next few months we will really begin to see it shine. Those PC internals are going to start breathing hard and we will really see those nice graphics and amazing physics. The PS2 has reached it's climax, the fun is over, Sony will have to wait until the next era to release their new system, the Xbox still has a good year left in it. Wait until Doom 3, Half Life 2 (maybe), and Halo 2 come out.

I have a feeling that if I ask Bandage Boy for the time he would tell me how to build a watch!! LOL Just kidding bandage!

I like the PS2 myself and I have both systems. Game selection is higher and prices are lower.

I would...It's sad.

Actually, what's really sad is that I DO have a life, and I am too much of a procrastinator. I am in sports (football, track), I am in high school, which means lots of homework, and I manage to be on the computer for around 3 hours a day. Pitiful.

By the way, the reason PS2 stuff is so cheap right now is because they know they are losing the battle now. In order to stay up there they have to lower prices and come out with more.

I am a PS2 user.

Overall, I know that spec wise that the X-Box $#!+s all over the PS2. But at the end of the day, it what games are avalable and that I am interested in playing for the various consoles.

Like X-Box only has 3 games that I am interested in playing that I can not get on the PS2.

2 of those games have come out on PC.

To me, I really could not care what other people say about PS2, X-Box, Game Cube, Sega Saturn, Neo Geo, N64, PSX, Master System II, SNES, Atari..... if it plays that games that you want to play at the end of the day, then that is all that matters.

It's a games machines for F***k sake. It's just there for pure entertainment.

It's not the old debate that Mac's are better from Arts and Design work.

I've said this b4 and I'll say it again... PS2 is the king of the consoles as it has the best games and the best controllers... Xbox contollers are fookin horrible (even the small new ones) and badly designed... plus xbox is made by m$ and therefore is crap... my ps2 has never crashed but my mates xbox does all the time... game cube is alright if you are 12... but i wouldnt wanna own one!

PS2 All the way!

each one has their strong points. xbox for the graphics and ps2 for the amount of games.... the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

The Gamecube has very good games. I can't beleive you said that. I know many people who own Gamecubes. They may not have all the games, but Metroid Prime alone makes it worth it to own a Gamecube.

Of course though, since we're older than 12, we wouldn't be caught with one. By the way, you may think it's hilarious, but the new Zelda game is awesome too. I'm not talking about graphics, the story is where it's at.

the thing i don't like about gamecube is ALL THE MARIO GAMES.... they spend so much time makin those games they don't have time for better original games..... but i mean HEY, the lil kids gotta have sumtin to play right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom