Gah My Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
so i just subluxed(fancy term for saying my kneecap was dislocated and went back in w/o medical help) my knee again, for about the 10th time in the last 6 years

wat a pain, so im stuck at home for a couple days w/ a swollen knee limping around..lol, have fun:D

My dad had the same problem with his shoulder (kept dislocating) that was why he discharged from the US Army when he was 19 which was a good thing because the Vietnam War was heating up and the escalation phase started to kick in so if he went and died, I wouldn't have been born!

IBMan said:
wat a pain, so im stuck at home for a couple days w/ a swollen knee limping around..lol, have fun:D

What?!

I twisted my ankle and i had to work overtime at Best Buy :mad:

You're a lucky guy to actually get to stay home :D

i had a swolen ankle because i cracked it, BADLY, playing basketball, then 2 weeks later, same ankle, playing soccer, but this time worse, cause after an hour there was a fat band around me ankle, it was so swolen, then again 2 weeks later, playing soccer.......and i still ahd to go to school, and play sports still, haha :p

What?!

I twisted my ankle and i had to work overtime at Best Buy

You're a lucky guy to actually get to stay home

sounds like the word of someone who has never suffered a knee injury or dislocation of a major joint. i sprain my ankles almost on a weekly basis playing either basketball or football. it's not that bad and you can still run on it through the pain. knee injuries on the other hand are quite debilitating

everyone here knows my injuries by now :p. buggered the cartilage in my right knee but it's all good now.

edit: you should wear knee braces if it's such a common occurrence or get your knee strapped.

wasn't sure where they were last night, its pretty stiff right now, can still bend it, nowhere near 100% of its full capacity but...it should get better, its actually been a while since it's happened so..

not sure what to do for the next few days, hope I am back to full mobility by the third..fireworks here are always on the third for some reason.

lmao
its like 3 times the size of my other knee(not literally...feels like it tho)

So i went for a jog(thats when it happened not right now) jumped up a curb and i guess i stepped wrong some how and it flipped off, kneecap almost didnt go back in right away, i must've been holding it or pulling it hard enough in the right direction that it just went back in. So there was a cop that drove by a minute later(i tried waving him down but he didnt pull over or anything) and im just sitting there tryin to see if i can walk at all.(which is the weird part, whenever this happens I can limp around for the first 20 minutes, then the swelling comes and i dont feel like putting any weight on it) so i limp up to culvers( i knew they'd be opened and i used to work there, was closer than home so i knew people there could get me a ride home.) so i sat there for an hour and a half while they closed and then i got a ride home and put ice on it, fun fun.

You guys have it lucky!

I've got this mental list of unfortunate things happening to me:

- Head slammed between a car door and the main body of the car while getting out of the backseat of a two-door.

- Been hit by a car TWICE

- Lost control of a bike with no brakes on an unpaved road going 50 km/h and ending up with the whole left side of my body's skin being torn raw

- Nose broken when I got kicked in the face.

- Two concussions (one from the car door thing), another from being drop kicked off a bed, in which I hyper-extended my arm in the face-plant landing.

I'd trade it all for a silly ankle twist or knee popper.

ouch, hyperextention must suck, dont think its ever happened but i can imagine it must feel extremely weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom