Future gaming thread - rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i'm full of crap.... That's no surprise, and that explains why i'm just scrapping through university....

FireFox said:
GITS - some of you may know what I'm talking about. Just look at Harper's current signature for more information.
I think are going to work a bit more to get up to the computer networks scaryness of Ghost In The Shell or Max Headroom : 20 Minutes In To The Future (for those people that remember that show)
Eg. Transfering your consciences onto the internet, or onto a computer.
Digital Cloning personality
Digitally learning skills in an instant.

j4ckaL said:
Besides, if you want to physically feel like you're doing something, that's what real life is for. ;)

I dunno, if in our lifetimes someone creates somethign like the holodeck in Star Trek, i'd be the first one in line to try it out. I've always wanted to know what its really like to be in an actual dogfight and to go mach 2 in an F-16!

I know i'm full of crap.... That's no surprise, and that explains why i'm just scrapping through university....
I'm not saying you're full of crap, I'm saying you need to learn the difference between 'are' and 'our'....and 'where' and 'were' for that matter.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I dunno, if in our lifetimes someone creates somethign like the holodeck in Star Trek, i'd be the first one in line to try it out. I've always wanted to know what its really like to be in an actual dogfight and to go mach 2 in an F-16!

not sure an F-16 can do mach 2, original versions werent even supersonic

I know one thing, alot of what is rumored to be coming is gonna need alot more computer horsepower. Like a pair of 5ghz CPU's, 10 Gigs of RAM and CPU cache size of like 16mb or more and you might be able to do a little of it. Have to have a few ultra high power graphics cards to go with it.

man, PLEASE lets not turn this into an Airplane debate thread or anything other than computer graphics future.....that craps annoying and has happened to many other threads in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom