the future

All the countries that adopted a form of 6 strikes program for ISPs have been monitoring traffic at the packet level for illegal activity for a couple of years now.

What spud means, is in public view... where everyone knows its allowed by law.

All the countries that adopted a form of 6 strikes program for ISPs have been monitoring traffic at the packet level for illegal activity for a couple of years now.

I heard something about that a while now that you mention it. I've heard storeys about people having letters sent out threatening termination of their line ECT and legal action ECT, fines that sort of thing. That was part of the reason I dropped out of torrent all to gether because now in the UK the government has or is rapidly catching up with people and just starting to realize how much of an impact it has or is having and hence its illegal to use encrypted lines in the UK Via. the Internet. They will prosecute if they think you are harbouring information.

What spud means, is in public view... where everyone knows its allowed by law.
I know what he means, and what I've been saying is it doesn't matter and I think he understands that.

I heard something about that a while now that you mention it. I've heard storeys about people having letters sent out threatening termination of their line ECT and legal action ECT, fines that sort of thing. That was part of the reason I dropped out of torrent all to gether because now in the UK the government has or is rapidly catching up with people and just starting to realize how much of an impact it has or is having and hence its illegal to use encrypted lines in the UK Via. the Internet. They will prosecute if they think you are harbouring information.
Yea same here, but not as extensive. We get warnings in the form of cease and desist letters and after the 3rd and above the ISP is allowed to handle how they see fit.

Besides torrenting the law still requires some form of proof for prosecution but if they have cause that's easily obtainable. Most people won't even fight it.

I know what he means, and what I've been saying is it doesn't matter and I think he understands that.

Yea same here, but not as extensive. We get warnings in the form of cease and desist letters and after the 3rd and above the ISP is allowed to handle how they see fit.

Besides torrenting the law still requires some form of proof for prosecution but if they have cause that's easily obtainable. Most people won't even fight it.

We in the UK live in a nanny state unfortunately.

2015 has been the year of severe offense in the US, I'd say we do too.

oeEoOzHh.jpg

Well right now, the UK gov havent made the law. So I can block as much as possible without someone sending me a letter or blocking my line..

So it does matter that there isnt a law.. as I can stop others from spying on me today (to an extend of course).

you guys all forgot a revolution. theres always a revolution once even stupid people get fed up with it.
look at history.

you guys all forgot a revolution. theres always a revolution once even stupid people get fed up with it.
look at history.

If you look at history... more and more control has been lost over time lol... a revolution is only a loud crowd, once they all go home.. more control is lost lol.

Well right now, the UK gov havent made the law. So I can block as much as possible without someone sending me a letter or blocking my line..

So it does matter that there isnt a law.. as I can stop others from spying on me today (to an extend of course).
THe point still being, it doesn't stop them from monitoring whatever they want.

Back
Top Bottom