The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
No flying cars, space towns, etc as science fiction depicts.

People will leave the suburbs and cities will become more dense as in europe as the price of oil skyrockets and people can no longer afford to live in the suburbs. More people will walk or use public transportation. Imagine every American city like New York or Washington DC. Rural areas will continue to be hubs for agriculture and manufacturing.

Culture will continue to stray away from Judeo-Christian roots in favor of a Greco-Roman society, where man's knowledge and the appreciation of the human body is given preference to the spirituality of the Bible/Koran. This is actually a cycle that has occured all throughout history.

The long term future depends on one thing - if we can find an alternative energy source after oil peaks next decade.

i think al computer prebuilt companies( except apple) will have been destroyed by 1337 people and the only way to get a computer will be to build it,
also i will own microsft, apple, intel and AMD and will give copies of windows away for free to all tech-forums members/former members,
and free imacs for everybody except a select 78 people at my school and anybody that was or is emo

StylinGolfShoes said:
i think al computer prebuilt companies( except apple) will have been destroyed by 1337 people and the only way to get a computer will be to build it,

LOL, that will never happen. 90% of people do no gaming whatsoever. For non-gamers, building is no longer viable because you can get a pre-built just as cheap. Plus, most people aren't intelligent enough to do it.

we'll have iPods that hold 40 terabytes of 320mbps mp3's!!!

ZOMGULARROFL1337BBQSAUCE!!2111!!!1!1!

Yea... things will just be faster... more technological and more convenient. My mom always tells me about how they used to think when they were kids that the year 2000 would be like star trek. That is seriously what they thought. Traveling space would be a daily occurance for the common man.

yea, i have a book from the 60's that predicts what the future would be like in the 80's..... pretty funny... space stations, robots everywhere, etc.

we always sensationalize the future and then it tends to disappoint. i think the future will be exactly how it is today, but with more pollution. now i can't be let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom