A Friendly Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
Hey Everyone,

Since we have a never-ending supply of spam here, me and the other mods wanted to pass something along that will help everyone.

If you ever come across a thread that is breaking the rules in any way, whether it is spam, illegal, or any other taboo subject (religion/politics) DON'T post in that thread. Even if your post is mentioning that the thread will be closed, or that the post is spam, etc. The only thing you should do is report the post, so that the mods/admin can clean it up.

When someone posts spam, they are trying to get as much exposure as possible. When someone posts in their thread, it gets bumped, and therefore gets more exposure. So really, you hurt the spammer more by not posting in their thread and just reporting it.

Also, thanks to you regular members (you know who you are) that continuously report rule-breaking posts!

Thanks everyone for your help:D

Report post...

spam.bmp

I always think it is a good thing to state reported. Means that you don't get spammed telling you there is a spam thread. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anyway, roger that.

I'll admit, i've been on other forums lately.

But in the time i haven't been on TF, it's spam city...
is Spring the season for spam? Why do they start now, instead of a few months ago?

I DONT GET IT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom