Freedom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
freedom from captialism, so the rich wont get richer n the poorer wont get poorer.

my guidance teacher said that he wishes to see this happen, bigger then Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech 'I have a Dream'.

anyone got that 'I have a Dreamsicicle' pic?

I think all of you...or most of you...are lucky you did not come from a communist country...

Freedom should be the ability to be able to do things you wish to do, within the confines of respect and decency of a given society. Having consideration for others on an automatic level is key to it all.

Imagine a country, where hoodlums could do as they will, completely, with no regard of fear from any public authority. That is not a democracy, but an example where there is no real freedom, a communist dictated country. If someone is allowed to come up to you and punch you in the face, and that person feels they should be free to do it, is it freedom? Of course not.

but, human society is still far from understanding true freedom, for many lack true respect for the fellow man.

peace! :)

OK people this thread got slightly deep quick.

An freedom can only be found at "CrAzY LaRiEs house of freedom all the freedom you want at low low prices!"

not sure why, but "crazy laries" got me thinking about curly frieds...from arby's.

anyother place sells curly fries? Maybe Steak and shake? I have no clue...but I think Arby's owns curly fries...and I mean owns it! They make some good curly fries.

not one for junk food, I haven't eaten it in maybe 5 years? :D

Curly fries? Hardee's.

Freedom is what you have, but don't realize you have, until it is gone.

freedom means not to be under any laws, rules, or have to do any specific thing. We are never totally free, ever, our actions always have a consequence.

Total freedom is when our actions will never have a consequence that we don't dont desire

Freedom is the opportunity to make the best of what you have. It does not guarantee happiness, nor wealth, nor peace. Your freedom ends where another's begins. True freedom is more of a myth as there are always restrictions that are imposed by either society as a whole, government or another authority figure. But without those restrictions, chaos ensues. Someone mentioned anarchy and it's definition. Anarchy is the absense of rules or structure. Chaos. Many young people think that anarchy is utopia. I disagree, it is the removal of utopia. As humans we have free will. And unless every living human has the same ideals, the same goals, the same thoughts about what is good and bad for everybody, and shares the same principles, anarchy would be the total destruction of all society. IF everybody did think, feel and act the same, rules, government, etc. would not be necessary. And yes, a utopian world would exist. If I am correct this sounds kind of like what Hitler was trying to do. Create a race of people that all were physically superior, had very similar ideals, very similar goals, etc. Sounds quite boring to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom