Free Speech of Controversial Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish "Freedom of Speech" actually existed these days.

I can understand a personal "attacks" on someone, but personal opinions should not be sensored. Thanks FCC!

DJ-CHRIS said:
It seems when something hurts a right wing ideal it gets closed.

Also anything about love and sex gets closed, while we talk about blowing ****ing **** up.
I'm a liberal, and I'm strongly against the war in Iraq, so I don't see why I would close something just because it attacks a right wing ideal. I closed the first Iran thread because of all the misinformation that everyone but especially liberals were throwing around - for example, that if the U.S. is allowed to have nukes, then other countries are too, which is a statement that can only be made in complete ignorance of the non-proliferation treaty.
Originally posted by bradybnmci
I wish "Freedom of Speech" actually existed these days.
Don't confuse this situation with the "freedom of speech" guaranteed by the Constitution. The bill of rights pertains to the government's actions, and a private business, organization, etc. has every right to censor your opinion. A church isn't required to allow you to walk in and start preaching Judaism. If the mods decide that political discussions aren't allowed on TF, the First Amendment is completely irrelevant.

ATIRAGEPRO said:
It works like a yin-yang. One guy comes up with an intelligent arguement about illegal immigration (Or Iraqi muslims), and a few more idiots come along saying:

[Idiot:] Yeah, let's kill those [INSERT RACIST COMENT HERE] and send them back to where those [INSERT RACIST COMENT HERE]*ers came from!!!:mad:
I find having the those debates are all fine until Idiot open his mouth. And from there, the thread turns to sh!t.

When it comes down to forum dabate on Political, Religious, Sexuality or What Ever, there is really really 3 sides to the debate.
You have your Right and Left side of the debate.
And then you have the Village Idiot that feels the end to open his mouth just to speak ©®@P with no reason and no clue and with 100% total ignorance on who s/he really offences. And then from there it just goes down hill.

Sadly, because of the village idiot, TF mod do lock thread when it comes down to touchy subject.

I closed the first Iran thread because of all the misinformation that everyone but especially liberals were throwing around - for example, that if the U.S. is allowed to have nukes, then other countries are too,[OPINION]which is a statement that can only be made in complete ignorance of the non-proliferation treaty.[/OPINION]

Let this be a lesson to all of us. YOUR opinion is complete ignorance, and you MUST be uneducated if you disagree with someone. But if Mods feel like stating their opinion... They are always right and much smarter than the REST of us, so we should take it as a learning experience.

Lesson : Don't have different opinions than Moderators... Your topics will be locked.

Thanks Mod, Point well taken.

ps... Nice Personal Attack on a Member's Comment/Opinion.

See below:

which is a statement that can only be made in complete ignorance of the non-proliferation treaty.

*for the record*

That wasn't even my comment that I am defending.

Don't make this into anything more than it is. People can't keep straight heads in a thread, and thats why they get locked.

Although the Non-Proliferation Treaty can be put up to debate as well.

I think Harper is right for the most part. You can always find the one post that turns the thread from civil to sh!t. That one post almost never seems to be made by a long-time TF member; it always seems to be some one who has joined recently.
I for one have pretty much stopped posting in such threads because once that one id10t makes his post everything that was said before becomes mute and the thread is locked and forgotten anyways.

bradybnmci said:
Lesson : Don't have different opinions than Moderators... Your topics will be locked.
I'm pretty sure I just said that I'm a liberal and I agreed with the original poster of the Iran thread. I'm also pretty sure that yesterday I closed one thread that had a liberal leaning and another that had a conservative leaning. So I don't understand where you're getting this from...

Wow!

Now THIS is a well debated issue.

I haven't seen any of the religious/political threads out there, but I must say... if they were like this, I wouldn't mind it.

Maybe create another section for Off Topic (not including computers). I don't think it would hurt... even though it defeats the purpose of this forum (Tech Forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom