Free Speech of Controversial Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said they where civil, but some are benefitial to some for regular conversation to friends in person. I like to bring up a thread in a phone convo and we laugh about it cause its funny. I dont take political or religious threads literaly or anything like that. Just something to laugh at.

Intellectual or Academic or Computer Related or Thoughtful or
Beneficial to the Majority of TF members and CIVIL
If they're not civil, then they're not allowed. Since no political discussions here are civil, all political discussions are going to be closed.

I'd have to agree. The civility of the forum is a sharp price to pay for an interesting phone conversation. I'm all for the discusisons, but they're just getting out of hand. If the Bush one hadn't been locked by Emily (thank you) I might've jumped in myself. But meh, thats whats going to happen when a bunch of un-/mis-informed 16-year olds get together to discuss things. Up to the "adults" to keep the place from going to h3ll.

Green Radience said:
I'd have to agree. The civility of the forum is a sharp price to pay for an interesting phone conversation. I'm all for the discusisons, but they're just getting out of hand. If the Bush one hadn't been locked by Emily (thank you) I might've jumped in myself. But meh, thats whats going to happen when a bunch of un-/mis-informed 16-year olds get together to discuss things. Up to the "adults" to keep the place from going to h3ll.

Hah, what a hypocrite. Don't make me dig up the your arguements in a bunch of political threads.

ulater6000 said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that many threads are being closed down just because of heated controversial issues?

This is the off topic discusion section right?

So why cant we have an inteligent discusion about a controversial issue without it being shut down?

I mean I understand if it it is being racist or other things like that, but In the last few threads closed down, no one was being blatently racist, and all discussion was performed in an inteligent respectful manner.

No offence. But the forum is like moderator's playground sandbox, and you're playing in it.

Re: Re: Free Speech of Controversial Issues?

p0werslave said:
Hah, what a hypocrite. Don't make me dig up the your arguements in a bunch of political threads.

Hmm, hypocrite? I don't recall my ever saying that I never argue. Infact, I said that if the thread hadn't been locked, I might've jumped in myself because of all the misinformation and racism. But go ahead and look up my old posts if it helps you sleep better.

Harper said:
No offence. But the forum is like moderator's playground sandbox, and you're playing in it.

I vote that best quote ever.

"We are the OOOoooones... We are the Chiiiiildreeeeen...."

You bring up a good point. alot of us are being a bunch of hypocrites, are we not? .... Or maybe it's just "SOME OF US" who are just so d@mn insecure that we need to constantly dissagree (For the sake of doing it) and with no real logic behind it. :p

It works like a yin-yang. One guy comes up with an intelligent arguement about illegal immigration (Or Iraqi muslims), and a few more idiots come along saying:

[Idiot:] Yeah, let's kill those [INSERT RACIST COMENT HERE] and send them back to where those [INSERT RACIST COMENT HERE]*ers came from!!!:mad:

It may not have been that way, but if that thread didn't die any sooner, there's no telling what would have been said. :rolleyes: :cool:

ulater6000 said:

I mean I understand if it it is being racist or other things like that, but In the last few threads closed down, no one was being blatently racist, and all discussion was performed in an inteligent respectful manner.

i agree with u 100%

and by the way the most Interesting threads in TF are poltical and relgion threads.

It seems when something hurts a right wing ideal it gets closed.

Also anything about love and sex gets closed, while we talk about blowing ****ing **** up.

Then again this country always has heated debates over this stuff

i assume you mean america. newsflash: this is a worldwide forum!!!

debates can remain civil but i agree that the average quality of posts in such threads is pathetic. i've given up even trying to post in threads like that. why do people have to be so stubborn and adamant that they are correct, i try to listen to others views but they would not offer me or another the same courtesy. keep in mind people that not all the ridiculous and uncivil comments come from those under the age of twenty and don't "paint us all with the same brush"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom