FREE iPOD - just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
FREE iPOD

Hahaha Made you look! :p

Now just a serious question here, has any one here gotten a free iPOD from those scams? Are they worth the hassle?

I would like to get an iPOD some day.

SPAMMER!!.. LOL

I would also like a free iPOD
Maybe there are a few people who actually got a free iPOD... I don't know exactly how it works...u need refferals right... but how many?

Last time I checked, you needed to refer five people and have them register for one of the available offers.

-Silent Fear

On the screen savers, Kevin Rose did it and apparently he got his....I don't think referring the 5 people is the key rather you have to do the offer at the end that they make you sign up for. There's like 8 different options to choose from. All in all I heard it wasn't bogus.

Nubius said:
On the screen savers, Kevin Rose did it and apparently he got his....I don't think referring the 5 people is the key rather you have to do the offer at the end that they make you sign up for. There's like 8 different options to choose from. All in all I heard it wasn't bogus.

Refering the 5 people is key. The idea is, they make some money for each person that signs up for an offer. Admittedly, 6 (the referals plus yourself) is not enough to cover the costs. Here's what is:

While this is not quite a pyramid scheme, it certainly looks like one. They figured forums, boards, and IRCs would treat them like we do here. The idea behind their profit is that MOST PEOPLE WON'T SUCCEED IN COMPLETING FIVE OFFERS. And most people do not. You (and the rest of the world) may think it's extremely easy to get people to fill it out, but it's not. You may get a couple...and then they are trying the same thing. They do send out iPods apparently, but they will have made FAR more then five referals before each individual completes a specific five (one finds 3, each of those 3 find a few, each of those people find a few, and over again a few times...maybe one person has recieved their iPod by now???).

It's not quite a scam, but it's fairly dirty and I don't like it. The companies advertising offers through these people are probably not making the profit they would be through advertising elsewhere. If they are, I'd be very surprised...most people cancel the emails or filter them through junk after recieving their iPod. It will end eventually.

Re: FREE iPOD

Harper said:
Hahaha Made you look! :p
I guess it's really good that I looked in this thread. After deleting a couple of iPod threads today, and a couple yesterday, I was ready to ban the next person that posted this. LoL!

I've checked out a couple of the schemes for getting a free one. The best looking scheme did not need any referrals, it only required that I complete 2 of the 8 listed offers. After checking the least amount of offers, I would have about $120 invested, and I would have to stop those offers after 3 months not to put more money in it.

Is it worth the effort? Well, it wasn't to me.

Dave :D

I think it's absolutely disgusting that these 'companies' have degraded the iPod to this level. The iPod is an amazing technological device and doesn't deserve to be thrown around like it is. :( I am very unhappy to see this happen to the iPod, seeing as it is Apple's Ace-in-the-hole... But life goes on. :sigh:

mac_mogul said:
I think it's absolutely disgusting that these 'companies' have degraded the iPod to this level.

You got a point there as it is rather sad on how the iPOD as been prostituted.*

mac_mogul said:
I think it's absolutely disgusting that these 'companies' have degraded the iPod to this level. The iPod is an amazing technological device and doesn't deserve to be thrown around like it is. :( I am very unhappy to see this happen to the iPod, seeing as it is Apple's Ace-in-the-hole... But life goes on. :sigh:

I just talked to the iPod and he said he didn't mind. ;) It is very tempting to do it, but you'll just be making those "filthy rats" even more richer! So, I shall hold back and not do it. As for the part of advertising on forums etc, it is a good idea really.......because, who here doesn't know a link to a free ipod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom