(Free) DJ-CHRIS Trance Megamix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have your Half Hour of Power burned to a CD that was constantly in my cd player. It was in there for about a month, and I just took it out this week. I would download this new one, but dial-up kills me.

This one is smaller

Your lucky, in a while (not a short while) I will start getting them pressed and mailing them

It's illegal for me to sell them, but I can distribute (not legally, but it's a grey rule)

It's because I did not ask permission, but it's for PROMO USE ONLY hence nobody has ever done anything to a DJ unless they have sold them. For the main part, the RIAA is on the DJ's side.

But feel free to distribute that for free to anyone if you want, a copy of the CD or the link.

I have to disagree with the repetitive part, it is normal as far as trance and trechno goes.... They are all repetetive, and this is no exception. While it is a good mix, I dont think it is fast enough. In this current day where attention spans are shorter than the memory of a goldfish, things have to be constantly changing in order to keep peoples attention. Take movies for example; Camrea shots are QUICK! They flash to a new shot every few seconds, keeping the viewer from getting bored. This mix does not change enough, and I can see how it can get boring for the average listener. As a fellow musician, and former DJ, I can respect the effort put into that song and I do enjoy it. We are now at 7 minutes into the song, and it has COMPLETELY changed. It is now quite fast, and loud, keeping the beat. You did a very good job at keeping a constant beat throughout the entire song, and extremely difficult feat in a megamixm since everyone is different.

Some different effects could be utilized as well. Instead of messing with the treble, there are some other ways, though I'm not entirely sure how, to achieve the same effect but it is more intricate and interesting. Some very mild laser shots here and there, mixed with the treble going in and out, would be good.

It is an excellent mix other than that, and it does seem to be striving to get the changing effect, and, whilst almost there, does not quite make it.

Good work Chris, I am going to go download some of your other stuff and see what I think of them.

EDIT: i just finished it, with the drastic stop at the end. Did you use alot of vinyl in that song? or was it ALL digital? That effect is not commonly used, and I liked it, thought it was really cool.

Naah due to price I am all digital right now, want to get turntables as well.

It could be faster, it's a bit slower ranging around 135 to 138 as most trance is 140 +- 5

The drastic stop at the end was just a brake function on a modern CD player.

What I really want to to do, is use a mixer with MIDI, as well as a computer and MIDI synth.

I love this song. I'll show it to some of my friends and they will probably download it too. Great job :)

I give it 10 :D out of 10 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom