(Free)DJ-CHRIS - Oldskool Mix 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
It's a 192 KBPS mp3

At the time, I didnt know it was half an hour long. I guess 44MB is fine for a 30 min track.

I just listened to it, it's kind of long, gets a little boring. Some of the mixing isnt that good either, you can totally notice (sometimes really roughly) when you make the switch from one track to the next. Like you said though, you never mix, so when you infrequently do, it's not going to be the best. Just giving you my honest opinion. :confused:

Yeah I know, I feel the same way with this one. But if i dont release anything, i fall down.

I dont meen to be so critical of someone elses work, especialy when I dont do it, but as a fellow musician, I believe my opinion should weigh strongly to another musician, and I would expect the same if I were in your shoes. I dig that you have to release or you fall, thats how the music world goes. You have to realize the effectiveness of simplicity, though. Simple mixes often times become the greatest. I used to digitally mix like that. Nothing too spectacular, I would use Acid Pro and Fruity Loops, but I wouldnt get anything too special from it. I would make tracks that were 7 or 8 minutes long, but they would get very boring and repetetive. The best mix would be a nice one thats 10 minutes or so, give or take, with fast changes and strong upbeats and down beats. You have lots o potential, as I'm sure you like what you like and you know what you like, but it dosent seem really that in your mixes. I am full of ideas and crazy sounds in my head, and I love making music. Chris, I would be more than happy to help you critique any of your music, as I would love to converse with someone who is currently making music and I would consider more of a musician than myself (I dont do music too much these days, I would really like to get back into it though, I LOVE music) but I would love to help you with any mixes (and you would in turn be helping me, as you could teach me alot if need be) I'm not saying I'm better than you or anything remotely close to that so dont think that. I'm just very critical of what I hear in music, as I love it and I HATE it when there is bad music around. I just want to fix it! :D

Hey just add me to AIM or MSN.

Doing what your doing, is a bit different than, because I am 100% Live with hardware.

Constructive criticism helps me :)

True true, but it is all recorded electronically and you can adjust and rerecord or whatever. But yeah, tis pretty different.

hmm, when i just clciked the link to listen to the mix it was long, but when i downloaded it it was only 9 min, this happen to anyone else? ill try it again see if i get the same thing.

fitzfan said:
hmm, when i just clciked the link to listen to the mix it was long, but when i downloaded it it was only 9 min, this happen to anyone else? ill try it again see if i get the same thing.

yes, firefox f-cks with you

just redownload it OR download it through IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom