Framerate lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know of a program I can use to lock the framerate of games. Or does anyone know a way of hacking a .dat file or something in NFS Most Wanted to lock the framerate at a certain speed.

I average about 45FPS in NFS, but sometimes it dips into the low 30s, and even high 20s, and I was wondering if it was possible to lock it at, let's say 30, so that I don't get that stuttering when the framerate drops.

If anyone knows of a way, please help me out!

FPS is only the measurement of the performance of your system at any given time. Limiting what you actually see for FPS will do absolutely nothing. The only way to improve the performance would be to turn the eye candy down or go to a lower resolution like 800x600 in the video options. And turn the shadows down/simple etc. Or of course upgrade your hardware

I tried running it at 800x600, and it stutters less often, but it still does it. Then I pushed all the eye candy to the max, at 1024x768, and while the average FPS is lower, it doesn't actually dip a lot lower than the average, and thus most of the jerkiness is gone. Good for me, and it gives the GFX card a bit of a workout too! :D

I'd try it if I was you. I don't mind a constant low framerate as long as I don't get that stutter when framerate drops drastically. Why does that happen anyway? Lets say I get an AVG of 100FPS, and it dips suddenly down to 60FPS, why is there a stutter? 60FPS is still considered pretty smooth well above acceptable, so why can the dip be noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom