Forum Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabe

In Runtime
I'm sitting here going through lord knows how many posts per day and I see a lot of people with links of forums in their sigs and well also spamming other forums on posts. Should people really have links to other forums in their sigs? Its just common courtesy to not do that.

It bugs me that people do that. ::shrugs:: :confused:

I just let the Mods Sort that one out.

I the mean time, I will just taunt any spammer that comes along advertising free iPODs or free Rolex, what ever.

SAVE THE KITTENS!

beedubaya said:
Yea, the free ipod spams are really starting to get annoying.

Tell me about it.
FREE_IPOD.jpg

IMO, thoughts on the website link in the sig....

if you are a good member for TF, then it seems okay to have it.
if you are a bad member for TF... then obviously not.

Now, what is good vs. bad????

good = informative post, helpful, useful, knowledgeable, nice, polite, meaningfull... an asset to TF and a history of always posting like this.

bad = spamming, post non-sense replies, few word replies, useless post, or Self-Serving post, or ONLY advertising your site.
If you are a new member and one of your first few post is an advertisement... that is wrong and mostly be deleted.

I don't think it automatically wrong to advertise a site IF ( I said IF) you are a good member with a good record/past of being a good member
AND the post explains, talks about, discusses, etc. etc.

that make since?

thanks

NOTE: this does not mean everyone go advertise their other website or make obvious changes to their sig or start spamming TF...
:)
be within reason, BUT error on the side of caution for what is reasonable.

thanks!

That pretty much my attitude.

Like I hold off from advertising here. I could, but I don't.
And nor do I want to.

As I post here as individual, and not as of some one that works for the company that i work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom