Forum Culture?

I dunno, there are people with some pretty fast rigs, I don't know many people who have something less than one of the i7 9xx series, most people upgraded to at least a sandy bridge, and most gu's I see are like 460/480's or faster. I think it's almost too easy to OC anymore, and you're not limited by weird voltages like we were on the older 775 series processors.

The risk involved is still there. People who don't have money to blow or just nuts don't want to take the risk of possibly frying a chip. As it stands benchmark wise the old i7s don't stand a chance against IB and SB unless you're running high end water, DICE, or LN2.

Today's CPU's are not as OC friendly as the old days. By that I mean a 500MHz OC was a huge deal as far as performance went back then, whereas today it is"meh" at best. GPU's are about the same. Basically the fact of the matter is that hardware's horsepower has caught up to and surpassed the necessary performance parameters of today.

I remember the "good old days" as well. Nubius dispensing OC wisdom, Gaara adding his dark humor, TheMajor hanging with his even then ancient rig. Even the mod staff was a blast (most of the time)... g5orbust, Qiranworms, Dave, mikesgroovin, Emily, jaksback, ADZ, Shakie, even Nubius for a while.

LOL. Looking through the Admin forum I came across where I was originally raised up as a mod, June 20, 2005.

Today's CPU's are not as OC friendly as the old days. By that I mean a 500MHz OC was a huge deal as far as performance went back then, whereas today it is"meh" at best. GPU's are about the same. Basically the fact of the matter is that hardware's horsepower has caught up to and surpassed the necessary performance parameters of today.

I remember the "good old days" as well. Nubius dispensing OC wisdom, Gaara adding his dark humor, TheMajor hanging with his even then ancient rig. Even the mod staff was a blast (most of the time)... g5orbust, Qiranworms, Dave, mikesgroovin, Emily, jaksback, ADZ, Shakie, even Nubius for a while.

LOL. Looking through the Admin forum I came across where I was originally raised up as a mod, June 20, 2005.

How about Norcent :p. :lol:

Lol talldude.

I kinda miss having access to that mod history, lot of interesting stuff in there. I used to just kinda browse through a bit.

Over all, TF might not be the most active of IT Forums, but it's definatly the best one. Like I still keep coming back here. Not really happy with some of my local forums like OCAU or Whirlpool.

Well... Long, long ago, TF had a large anime loving community...
Yeah. Then one day I woke up started studying Paganism and practicing witchcraft and all my interest in anime went away.
Actually I do remember a time before that where this forum was very anti-anime.

This place used to be very different many years ago
Oh yeah. Tech Forums vs Tech on Vent days. The banning and unbanning of Nubius.
Talldude123 and the fact that he has been found on some very questionable personal websites with the same name.

People thinking that I was a girl because I had the user name Silesia (Sil-Lay-Shee-A).
My constant rants on user studity, including my neigbour who took me to court 5 time.
That PCI card that cut down to fit in an AGP slot.

Not having a seperate subforum for MMORPGs and having constant debates about Pay To Play games in every single thread about pay-to-play.

Last edited:

OCing gets you as far as it did before, sometimes further. The problem is as you said, hardware has caught up to the stagnant software and so it doesn't appear like OCing helps any because you can't witness the gains. When you actually give your hardware a workout OCing is very noticeable. My copy of Skyrim is almost unplayable if I don't OC my GPU. A 200MHz increase on the core and I'm back to being smooth.

Back
Top Bottom