forum for computer practical jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Ok ima start a thread for jokes that have been played on ppl with pcs.

I got a lame one, more or less annoying than funny. My best friend thought he knew a lot about computers, he was the kind who would make up crap just to make himself look cool. So i made a lame batch file that copied all of his .exes from his c:\windows and \system32(back in the ol 98 days) to his startup folder and also to his desktop. lol plain and easy. I told him it was a hacking program that would let him spy on people. He ran it and we were talking over icq. He was like,, why is there a black screen on my desktop that is copying files?my hard drive is making a lot of noise. i told him not to worry because it was installing the program files. He was like, hey theres more stuff on my desktop, i told him just dont worry about it they will delete themselves after he reboots. So he rebooted and called me on the phone, was *****in sayin how stuff started popin up nonstop and it filled his taskbar up until he got a low memory error and his pc crashed. A shame that he was so smart that he didnt know how to go in through dos or safe mode and delete the stuff. oh well

There is/was a screen saver from Winternals that appears like a BSOD. It even had what looks like a reboot involved. The screensaver disables the mouse realse and so you have to press a key on the keyboard to release it.
After I saw this once, I was in love with the possibilities so I remoted into my bosses computer and set it up. when he came back from a meeting, his machine appeared to have a BSDO, so he hard rebooted it. Now this would happen every 53 seconds. It took him 2 days to figure out what was going on. In the process he had hard reset his machine like 50 times and lost work on many files. I spent 2 days laughing so hard my stomach hurt for a week. But he was in good spirits and decided to get back at some of us. so he did the same thing (how original right) but we all knew what was going on. got in the habbit of tapping he key board at every BSOD just to make sure we weren't the victim of the BSDO screen saver.

heres a SUPER simple yet effective prank. Tons of people use the optical mices(mouses), if you put a piece of clear scotch tape on the bottom the laser will sometimes work and sometimes not so the pointer will be sporadic when they try and move and click :] Or you can totaly disable it by taping a small piece of paper instead- then the laser will not work at all. If its somebody who has never seen or heard of this the chances of them rebooting more then once are very good! Another simple trick is tuck their mouse behind their monitor so its out of site and run another mouse that looks like theirs to where they had theirs at before you moved it and dont plug it in, just make it appear like it is plugged in. And one last old school prank, take a screen shot of your desktop, open it up in paint and save the file, guess what? you now have a new desktop image that looks like your desktop- save it on somebody else's machine and set it as their desktop image LOL they will be clicking on icons that dont do anything ahahah.

You can also do the tape trick on regular ball mice. Just tape over the hole where the ball sits, I did that at school last year to one of the computer labs. The teacher didn't know why the mouses weren't working.

uNsaiN said:
You can also do the tape trick on regular ball mice. Just tape over the hole where the ball sits, I did that at school last year to one of the computer labs. The teacher didn't know why the mouses weren't working.

That's hilarious!

hehe I switched all the mice in my schools computer lab and my teacher couldnt figure out what was going on and he was there all night trying to figure it out, then the next morning I got a detention hehe funny stuff, shows how n00by computer teachers really are.

I am taking Computer Apps. My teacher doesn't know a damn thing about computers, its pathetic. I once heard her talking to a student saying "Yeah, it took me a while to figure out that you have to turn the cover on the bottom of the mouse the opposite way the arrows are pointing to get it to go back on." I thought that was common sense.

Staying on topic, has anyone ever ran that smile prank program. It's a fake system delete program. I remember I ran it when I was a Computer n00b and it scared the crap out of me. I even rebooted.

this ones really simple..

if the person has no knowledge about computers what so ever. just take a blank floppy and insert it in the drive.. the computer won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom