forum for burnt pc parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Lets hear some stories about fried components..

i got 3..

While i was at work, and my wife was at work,, apparently my 1yr old daughter decided to open my desk door and turn my cpu fan on my fanbus all the way down to about 200rpm, and at that time, i had oced my system from 2.2 up to 2.5ghz,,, end of that story lol

Another time was when i first got into pcs,, way back befor they had light kits for your pc.... i spraypainted a car headlight bulb blue and attached it to the circuit on my board,, apparently the bulb drew way too much power because it fried both power circuits on the board.

I put a full sized cpu heatsink on my old radeon 9800, it worked fine, nice and cool.. then i decided to put some heatsinks on my ram,, i mixed arctic silver and 5 minuter epoxy,, i glued them on, and booted up, and there were characters all over the screen, im like hmmmm oh yea i forgot to connect the power cable to it,, so i connect it and phhhhhff i heard a crackle and saw a small burst of smoke come up through my case, ahhhh no more radeon,, so i scrambled around to find a temporary graphics card. So i pulled out my good ol geforce ti 4600 and installed it, I had spraypainted that card red like 6 months back and it worked great. It had sat in my storage bin for a while with a bunch of other crap. I installed it hit power, and BAM i fried my 500wat psu and the board. Apparently one of the other cards in the box had gouged a trace on the gpu or somethin lol. that day sucked. I had to downgrade from a radeon 9800 to a geforce 2 mx lmao, was all i had left in the box. So a few months later i snuck to compusa without my wife knowing and got the x800.

Anybody got any fried stories?

So a few months later i snuck to compusa without my wife knowing and got the x800.

lol thats funny, i used to have to do the same when i was with my wife.....got rid of her and now i can go in and out w/no probs!!

along those lines of sneaking round, i had a 2.0 celeron (yuck) so i splurged and bought a p4 2.4 but I hid it in the mailbox in front of the house since i had the only mailbox key until she went to work, then i installed it and got rid of all the evidence.....lol

jseber1982 said:
While i was at work, and my wife was at work,, apparently my 1yr old daughter decided to open my desk door and turn my cpu fan on my fanbus all the way down to about 200rpm, and at that time, i had oced my system from 2.2 up to 2.5ghz,,, end of that story lol

I have to ask, where was the baby's supervision at this time? :rolleyes: :p

I've never fried anything (thank god, macs are too expensive to fry:cool: ) But every once in a while, I'll fry something that's not computer related. Like those little power boxes that plug into computer speakers, or an electric piano. I guess when I was younger (about two weeks ago :p ) I got out an old set of speakers, and the power box was worthless, dunno what happened to it. So i searched around for another one. When I found one with a plug that fit, I plugged everything in and cranked it up. POP POP CRACKLE SIZZZZZZ... and the power box was flaming and my wall was being scortched and I had just painted that wall not three weeks ago and I'll have to do it again. But those are the only electronics I've ever fried... :)

i was trying to create a dual boot with winxp and suse7.0 pro and 3 harddisks stopped working. i could not format them with partitionmagic or fdisk. finally i found out i could format them with linux setup yast2. but one drive was lost due to linux GRGRRGRRRR :(:(:(

ow, and i think linux changed my bios because my comp froze all the time afterwards, even after formatting 10 times....so i sent my comp to my uncle and he did a little BIOS and my comp werked again

mac_mogul, She can walk, we put everything up that can hurt her. We let her walk freely and we check on her every few mins. We were in the adjacent room watchin tv. If we try to restrict her to 1 room, she goes nuts, So we just let her roam freely in the house

i think he was refering to how u said, that she did that while u 2 were at work? does that mean someone else was watching her?

My mom acctidently blew up a CD in the drive before. Literally. Shards of CD were scattered throughout the interior of the case.

Ouch...

Well, i have a bad one..and all i can say LIGHTNING SUCKS!

... Zeon processor DUAL..!! ahh my babys dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom