Forms of Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny

Baseband Member
need help

Hey,

There's this guy who is really interested in purchasing my computer and he wants me to send him the price cost plus next day shipping charges to minden, louisiana, usa. He also wants to know the terms of payment.

Now, this is the first time I will be selling something online. I had recieved previous offers but this guy sounds serious. So does anyone know what the safest route to go about is without getting scamed. I mean, what should I do from here on? I might add my location is near Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I Would like to know from people who have been scammed or not. Just some advice or wat to do to be careful or some do's and don'ts. I Greatly appreciate it.

Keep logs of your conversation with the guy.

Terms of Service
-PC gets sent once you recieve the full amount of money.
-You are not held responsible for brokerage charge
-depending on what kind of shipping he's doing, do not say you gaurentee DoA

Ok, so first I get the money and then I ship. What would be the best way to get the money, you know wat I mean? How does that work? brokerage charge - you mean if something breaks. SOrry I'm new with this, if I am asking stupid questions, please bare with me. He is responsoble for shipping rite? - And this includes tower and 17" flat screen monitor + ,onitor - basically its the works. Wat do u mean by doa. LMK, thanx alot for the advice spfd.

spfd said:
Keep logs of your conversation with the guy.

Terms of Service
-PC gets sent once you recieve the full amount of money.
-You are not held responsible for brokerage charge
-depending on what kind of shipping he's doing, do not say you gaurentee DoA

This is exactly wat he sent me:

HELLO, I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THIS COMPUTER AND I WANT YOU.PLEASE SEND ME THE PRICE COST PLUS NEXT DAY SHIPPING CHARGES TO MINDEN,LOUISIANA.USA.I WILL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW YOUR TERMS OF PAYMENTS. (YOU CAN ALWAYS REPLY TO MY EMAIL

I hope this helps

paypals the best, also if its paid through credit card, its easier to be protected from fraud.
but since your the one recieving maybe its best to get paid through eCheck, so he doesnt claim fraud on you lol.

brokerage - when shipping to the states via ground (with a car passing the border, not flying across) it has to be checked at customs, and they add some ridiculous amount on top of that for whoever is recieving the package.

i once got a brokerage charge for a SNES about 2 months ago.. they asked for 55 dollars.....
as you can see, its ridiculous, 55 dollars for something i paid 32 dollars for.

actually now that i think of it, my advice for you is let him choose what type of shipping he wants, but tell him he has to pay for it being registerd (so u can keep track of the package) and he is responsible for buying insurence on it if he wants or not

Here are my terms of service. Tell me if they sound ok or not. I don't want to be responsible for anything. Its his responsiblity and he will pay for charges.

1. The PC gets sent to you once I reciever the full amount of money
2. You are responsible for all shipping & handling costs including brokerage charge
3. You choose what type of shipping you want, however you have to pay for it being registered (to keep track of package) and you are responsible for buying insurance on it if you want.

Wat forms of payment are the best paypal, echeck, certified check, credit card, money order. LKM. Thanks alot.

I just made an account with paypal. Is there anything (advice) I should know before I continue with this.

Actually this is wat he sent me:

THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL I WANT YOU TO PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TERMS OF PAYMENTS COS I WILL BE MAKING MINE IN MY CREDIT CARDS.
WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
THANKS.

Should I go with the credit card deal or paypal, which one is more secure and safe so that I don't get frauded.

pay pal is the best bet becasue it is an escrow that way you never see his credit card and dont have to be responsible it is just him paying someone to pay you best for all people iovolved

aswell in your terms of service,
i dont know how your going to say it
but let him know if he chooses the cheapest shipping and handling, which actually means its CHEAP shippin and handling, theres more a chance the parcel might get damaged, let him know that if its damaged due to the type of shipping he chose, your not held responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom