The Food & Drink Thread

Check this out.

Burnt me fingers taking it out the oven.

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_140624.jpg
    IMG_20181014_140624.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20181014_140834.jpg
    IMG_20181014_140834.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2
Or just oven mitts :p we used to make bread in the oven & bread maker too, got consistently good loaves out of the bread maker but any rolls etc we did in the oven. Miss those smells...

You know a bread maker is a thing right? Used to love my mom's homemade bread.

Yeah I know. :lol: .

Being honest I have no room for one at the minute. I don't even have room for a microwave so a bread maker isn't going to happen.

I'm really pushed for space in my kitchen .

Since I was out of town overnight I got to eat on the company dime. I decided to go to Famous Dave's for lunch and get me some burnt ends (Tender pieces of Texas Beef Brisket seared and caramelized with Sweet & Zesty® BBQ sauce). For my sides I went with potato salad and Wilbur's beans (loaded baked beans, smoked pork, brisket, hot link sausage, jalapeños and Rich & Sassy® BBQ sauce). The pink beneath the bread and butter pickles are some of Dave's jalapeño pickled red onions; I could eat a whole jar of just them.

Burnt ends are brisket that has been smoked low and slow, then cut into cubes and smothered with sauce (sometimes with added vinegar and/or brown sugar), and then put back into the smoker. Super tender, juicy, and OMG so tasty.

They also do burnt butt ends which is made the same but with pork. I may give them a try one of these days.

Attachments

• IMG_20181026_143125[1].jpg
    IMG_20181026_143125[1].jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 6
^I hate you so, so much. That looks amazing

Oh, but it was. I love getting to go to Famous Dave's but only get to go once or twice a year. There are all kinds of BBQ places around here but I am the only one who is nuts about it. If/when I get a smoker I will be cranking out my own. One day...

^I hate you so, so much. That looks amazing
Oh, but it was. I love getting to go to Famous Dave's but only get to go once or twice a year. There are all kinds of BBQ places around here but I am the only one who is nuts about it. If/when I get a smoker I will be cranking out my own. One day...

@S0UL - I came across a couple of videos for you about burnt ends. Both videos show a different way of getting basically the same results. When the guy in the second video pulled the point and immediately started cutting it instead of letting it rest and soak the juices back into the meat I wanted to reach into my screen and slap him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXBKi8dpDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYTDPStKpnM

As a random side note, I do feel a large amount of ‘techniques' and ‘tips' you see in cooking are just pure bull**** with no proof or scientific backing.

Back
Top Bottom