The Food & Drink Thread

The wife and I went to Outback last night for Valentines (a day late but no crowds). Skipped the appetizer and enjoyed their bread. We like to dip it in the spicy ranch they have there. Anyway, I went with the blue cheese wedge salad, a medium NY strip, and a loaded baked potato. No pic as I tore into it. Killer meal.

NO PICS AND ON VALENTINES!!!! dayum that's risky.
You could have ruined VDay right there

Bought a lamb leg on the weekend for a BBQ, made tons of incisions and stuffed it with garlic and rosemary then covered it in olive oil and salt and smoked it with hickory chips on the Weber, think I might've started off with too many chips :p

89E43kK.jpg

Tasted amazing in the end with a proper smoke ring and everything, I am so getting addicted to this xD also entirely forgot to take after pics, but breakfast at work today was mi goreng with chunks of the smoked lamb in it, couldn't be happier with how everything turned out for a first try :D

19GmQj1.jpg

Nice, S0UL. Are you using temp probes to keep the temps even in the smoker or internally in the meat? Or are you just eyeballing/guesstimating it?

Winging it for now, I really need to invest in a probe for both the bbq and meat. There's no easy way to control the temp on my weber apart from add/remove coals which is a bummer, no adjustable air intake on the bottom :/
Gonna be doing a pork butt soon with some apple cider, brown sugar and paprika. Looking for some applewood chips to do it with though, in the interim I'll be using more hickory with a beef brisket n see how she goes! I'm really blown away by how different the flavour profile is after smoking, this is gonna be a serious time/money sink for me, not to mention weight gain coming up :grin:

Last edited:
My oven has been out of action for about 2 too 3 weeks as I badly burned the insides of it.

Had it checked over today & just needed a good old clean with some elbow grease & a good power cleaner. Not too mention a good wire wool mesh to take out the hard work as much as possoble.

After getting it checked over today I've cleaned that thing aomething rotton & done a burn off on the cooker 3 times for excess smoke from the power cleaner.

FINALLY having some salt & pepper chicken wings after not having an oven for knocking on three weeks.

Being without an oven is a total nightmare & quite frank is hard too get by with out on.

Kitchen white goods are a god send.

I had the fam take me to Famous Dave's BBQ last night. I ordered rib tips as an appetizer, then had burnt ends, St. Louis style ribs, BBQ beans, and potato salad, followed up by caramel bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream.

While I didn't get any pics last night I did take one when we went there for my birthday last month. I missed getting a shot of the burnt ends appetizer but I did get one of my dinner: St. Louis ribs, babyback ribs, hot link, potato salad, and cole slaw.

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_192924[1].jpg
    IMG_20180518_192924[1].jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 2
Magners Irish Cider 300ml bottles. 6 pack @ 4.5% Vol @ 1.5 UK units per bottle ..
Got some chicken thighs in the slow cooker & a 10 pack of fosters in the fridge.

@ Soul ..

Do you drink fosters.

I don't even know anywhere that has it on tap off the top of my head. If you want a proper australian non-craft beer I'd go VB or bush chook any day.

Today my lunch is this
Yes3rus.jpg

I don't even know anywhere that has it on tap off the top of my head. If you want a proper australian non-craft beer I'd go VB or bush chook any day.

Over hear, Fosters is practically apart of the culture we live. If you go to any local corner shop let alone supermarket; you'll see Fosters. Its every were.

Not having Fosters on tap in a pub is practically a criminal offence considering its one of the most popular lagers in the UK .

I don't know any were that doesn't sell it and that's the gods honest truth. ;)

Back
Top Bottom