The Food & Drink Thread

Always nice to have lunch with the family during work.
I remember when I lived in Dubai, my dad used to come home for lunch then go back to work, it was very common at that time
If I lived close enough I'd do that every day. I complain about them but I very much like spending time with them.

So hard to eat just one...
37903c1e917e8cfd9e5a90d19907336f.jpg

About an hour and fifteen minutes ago I put a Pot Roast in the oven.

New Potatoes, fresh carrots, Parsnip, Onions, and Swede aka; turnip, and FIVE Chicken Legs, all inside a dish with a lid to seal in all that goodness.

Just been too the shop and bought a couple of bottles of energy drinks and when you walk in too the flats were I live you can smell my Pot Roast in the communal area. Hahahahaha.

I'll post a Picture when its cooked.

@ above status ..

Forgot too post a picture but it was nice. All the veg was nicely cooked and the chicken was soft and tender.

Chicken again for tea tonight also got some wings from the supermarket as a bonus because their just amazing with traditional salt and pepper; onion gravy and cooked untill golden brown. The chiken just falls off the bone.

Last edited:
I went down to Birmingham, Alabama today to pick up something from our regional office and got taken to lunch by my manager and lead tech. They took me to Mugshots and had me try the Mugshots Burger Challenge. I failed but they were picking up the tab for it so it was all good. Here's a video of someone giving it a go (most definitely not me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fICUtSntc

I attached the results of my attempt.

[EDIT]: Adding the before pic below.

2j46jrc.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_133038.jpg
    IMG_20171006_133038.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
How the heck did you eat that
how long did it take you?
I just had Five Guys and i'm struggling here after lol

It had been about seven hours since I had last eaten.

The attached pic is where I got to in 12 minutes. I did eat the last bite of the burger and about three fries after that but that was it.

Oh, I was stuffed big time. Didn't eat supper that night either. My manager and lead wanted me to give it a shot, plus they picked up the tab.

We went to a semi-local place Sunday evening, City Cafe Diner (<--click for their cake page). Both my wife and I had a gyro philly (didn't get a pic of them, though). But the main reason we went was for desert. They have a whole menu of cakes, plus pies and cheesecakes. A slice is $7.50 but they are huge. I decided to go with Hummingbird Cake.

jzfktf.jpg

Cooked 2 split chickens over a proper charcoal BBQ yesterday, forgot to take pics so here's someone elses to give an idea of how it looked :p (except x2 and even better lookin :grin:)

20150602-five-grilled-chickens-04.jpg

First time cooking a split chicken, 10/10 will be doing again. SUPER tender, beautiful flavour and char on the outside, basted it with some BBQ sauce a few times towards the end and kept it tented with aluminium foil while cooking. Dinner for 7 for ~$17 total

Back
Top Bottom